I love Ellis but hubby not as keen...any alternatives??

wife1stmum2nd

Mummy to Jenson
Reaction score
I'm 14 weeks tomorrow with our second baby, we already have our DS Jenson.

We are sorted for a girls name and have been for a while but boys names we can't agree on.

I love the name Ellis for a boy, I think it goes well with Jenson, I think it's more unique like Jenson as don't want anything too common and I think it goes well with our surname which begins with a D.

I think hubby is coming round to Ellis a bit more and the fact that he can't think of any other suggestions helps but I want us to agree on a name so wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

I like that Jenson is actually more of a surname and I think Ellis is similar in that way.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

I really really love Ellis but hubby doesn't like it so it's a no go for us. You could use Elliot with Ellis as a nickname? Other ideas are;
Grayson
Harrison
Jackson/ jaxon
Frazer
Xx

I love Ellis too but my husband has said he doesn't. I think its a gorgeous boys name personally. Here are some similar names
Ellison
Elliot
Eli
Elijah

we are using ellis as his middle name (which was hubbys grandads name) romain ellis (pronounced roman) is what we have decided on

h xx

My son is Ellis James so I love it :thumbup: i also love Elliott but cant use it for a boy this time as it sounds too like Ellis I think.

I was going to suggest Elliot as well! But also, what about:

Harris
Louis
Lucas

Or going off of Jensen and the last name theme:

Marshall
Finley
Campbell
Bennett
Beckham
Desmond
Gallagher
Calloway

Ellis was our first choice for DD2 if she had been a boy. Love it.

Others on my long list were:
Zander/Xander
Fletcher
Fraser
Flynn
Hudson
Milo
Lincoln
Sawyer

Rune sounds nice and is quite unusual. Or Reuben!

^oh yes, Reuben was on the long list too! (so long ago I've forgotten most) also Raphael.

^oh yes, Reuben was on the long list too! (so long ago I've forgotten most) also Raphael.

Reuben was my boy name if my wee one had been a boy..it was the only boy name we both liked!

I really love Ellis for both a girl and boy. For some reason im like it for a girl more than boy but also love it for boy

Elliot, Eli or maybe even Ethan are ones that pop into my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->