I love my diva cup!!

adzuki

Mom to Miss M.
Reaction score
In honour of Earth Day, I thought I'd give a shout out to my number 1 earth friendly product. This thread may contain TMI, so don't read on if you aren't comfy with it!

After a year and a half of no AF (pregnancy, then for 8 months post pregnancy!), I had forgotten about how much I loved my Diva cup!

Well, wouldn't you know it, but the witch decided to show up THE DAY AFTER I landed in Japan. Thank goodness I had packed my DC "just in case" - it's not like my 63 year old MIL would have had supplies for me!

Needless to say, there wasn't so much as a bin in the loo (very inconvenient when the witch comes, to have to parade through the kitchen to the compost!) , and the witch came on long and strong to boot. Strong enough that I would have had to change pads or tampons every hour or so. With my DC, I was able to just pop it in and go about my day and not worry! Not worry about having to change stuff in a squat toilet in the train station or at the department store, not worry about parading through the house with my feminine supplies - I could just forget about the fact that AF was even here!

YAY for DC!!!!!!!!

:)
A

I wish that I had discovered the DC sooner. When I lived in Korea, I used to have to pack a year's worth of tampons before starting each contract :wacko: And yeah, squat toilets were always a treat... :haha:

I've used the diva cup for 4 years and absolutely love it! :)

I just bought one of these!
I haven't had a chance to use it though - no AF yet!!!
Can't wait though - we want to TTC asap! :D

xx

i love my diva cup too.

yes it's the same idea as the mooncup, slightly different shape.

oooh,I must admit I have been slightly freaked out by these things, but following being pregnant and the things you go through for that, I'm actually coming round to the idea of something like this and may use it when the AF does come back.

I have a mooncup, not a divacup, but i really really love(d) it: so much more convenient, n much cheaper than having to buy sanitary products each month!

It's the best thing ever, I agree. I think I'm due for a new one once AF returns as mine is a bit old (though it has regained it's newer look after a hearty baking soda scrub).

I got a Mooncup which seemed great but apparently I'm one of the rare women it doesn't work for and they offered me my money back :(

oooh....if you don't mind explaining, why doesn't it work - is it just because the shape?

My lovely daughter has given me a prolapse so they think the shape inside now means that it can't form a seal :shrug: It works at night as I'm not moving but as soon as I walk more than a few steps it moves out of place and leaks :( Going to physio now to see if it improves so maybe it'll work in the future.

I wish that I had discovered the DC sooner. When I lived in Korea, I used to have to pack a year's worth of tampons before starting each contract :wacko: And yeah, squat toilets were always a treat... :haha:

I know - when I actually livedin Japan, I hadn't heard of the Mooncup. It sucked to have to carry back a year's worth of sanitary supplies (was it me, or were the supplies there a little on the small side?) And no tampons??!! (though now I am pleased to report that they are very popular in Japan!) Too funny!

Lu, that sucks :( Hope the physio helps!!!!

To all the divacup/mooncup users out there - just one hint for a good seal - you fold it to get it in, and make sure you rotate it until it pops out into it's original circular shape or else it will leak!

:)
A

I know - when I actually livedin Japan, I hadn't heard of the Mooncup. It sucked to have to carry back a year's worth of sanitary supplies (was it me, or were the supplies there a little on the small side?) And no tampons??!! (though now I am pleased to report that they are very popular in Japan!) Too funny!

haha, my last year in Korea, they were becoming more common but they were like what I imagine 1950s tampons to be like- still needed to evolve a bit more for me to actually use them, lol :) If I'd only known about the DC, I'd have had more room for shoes in my suitcase :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->