• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I miss

Margerle

Reaction score
I REALLY miss the little icon (I think a triangle) next to the thread titles on each of the main forum pages that takes you to the first unread message in the thread.

Sometimes these threads can get really long, and a lot of them are more congratulatory (or sympathetic) in nature (with some dialogue intermingled). It was nice to sift through the congratulatories once, then pick up where the thread left off the next time I logged.

:hugs:

I'm confused! You mean next to each topic? If so I'm still confused :rofl:

I know if the topic is on the front page and you click it takes you to the last post you read from - my OH messes around so much sometimes with the little things I don't even know!

I'm confused! You mean next to each topic? If so I'm still confused :rofl:

Yes, next to each topic... I put a few red dots where they used to be... (I frequent other forums that uses similar software, and use this feature a lot.)

https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/cheymeister/BnB.jpg

I know if the topic is on the front page and you click it takes you to the last post you read from - my OH messes around so much sometimes with the little things I don't even know!

Hmmm... this does not work for me. For instance, if I were to click on one of the 'trimester bump' threads where ladies post pictures of their bumps, it would take me to post #1 every single time, no matter that I just viewed a post on pg 82 the day or even a few hours before.

The little icon (ie located where the little red dot on my pic above is) would take me to the next post on page 82 that had been posted since I last viewed the thread.

Sorry I meant from the front page ....

https://www.babyandbump.com/

Under last post it says the topic & time etc you click that topic it takes you to the thread up to where you read it last!

So I know what kind of feature you mean but I must be blind I didn't notice what your mentioning :confused: when did you notice it gone?

> Hes not around at the moment btw so can't ask.

Sorry I meant from the front page ....

https://www.babyandbump.com/

Ah yes! :dohh: My bad!

I should have looked there. I was so used to clicking the space prior to the thread title (where the red dots are) that I didn't even think of looking there.

Under last post it says the topic & time etc you click that topic it takes you to the thread up to where you read it last!

That works wonderfully! Exactly what I expected, just in a different spot :)

Thanks Wobbles!

So I know what kind of feature you mean but I must be blind I didn't notice what your mentioning :confused: when did you notice it gone?

> Hes not around at the moment btw so can't ask.

I don't think you need to mention it anymore, the navigation tool I was referring to is located exactly where you said! But just as an aside, it was exactly the same feature, just located where I've marked the red dots.

Thanks so much for your help!

Marge

Oh and to add salt to my own wound (lol) I just saw at the top of the first post on each page the option to "view last post"!

:dohh: Now I really feel like a dummy.

LOL

Glad I can blame it on the pregnancy ;) :blush:

:crib:

Still baffled over red dots lol Front page only takes you to one of those threads using the feature you mentioned and I too sometimes think ARGHH why doesn't it do that on them all!

I just saw at the top of the first post on each page the option to "view last post"!
I'd never noticed that either how bad am I :rofl:

I know what you're on about - I moved them a few days ago... I thought that they didn't show up on the background (they don't on my screen). I'll put em back :D

I know what you're on about - I moved them a few days ago... I thought that they didn't show up on the background (they don't on my screen). I'll put em back :D

LOL, they don't show up... the icon is white on white background, but since I navigated using that on other similar message boards, I knew it was there - if that makes sense...:wacko:

Since Wobbles was so helpful today I don't need to use them that way if you'd like to remove them again :)

Thanks for all your work guys!

:cloud9:

Never noticed them before but loving them now i know about them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"