I need a charting expert!!(Attention Broody21)

jen1604

Reaction score
Hi chickies.
Well my cycle is out of control.Really,its crazy.I never know when Im going to get my period and it makes me angry :hissy:
Anyways,Ive decided to start doing this charting you all talk of.Do I need a thermometer?Do I have to do all that feeling my CM for elasticity and such?
I see some of you talk about FertilityFriend so Ive joined that,will it tell me everything I need to know?
xxxx

I would love to help, but this is DEFO her remit.
She is the queen of periods. :rofl:

I used fertility friend a while back. I definitely loved it.
Yeah, you'll want a basal body thermometer. You can take your temp vaginally or not, it doesn't really matter. Get at least 3-4 hours of sleep, take your temp every morning and make sure it's the 1st thing you do before you get out of bed. Seriously, keep your thermometer beside your bed and stay laying down when you do it. You don't have to chart CM or CP. Some women like to because it helps to get to know the signs of ovulation. (specifically CM) It will get really stretchy and more abundant right around ovulation and then dry up soon afterwards.

Your BBT will go up after ovulation until you get your period. That's called your luteal phase and on average lasts about 14 days, give or take. But it doesn't usually change. Uhm, I could say more, but I don't know what all you want to know. lol

You could always do a google search and do some reading! :) Hope i helped a little.

You helped a LOT!Thank you hon.
Let me recap and you tell me if I got it?
Ok so...
I take my temperature every morning?
When Cm gets really stretchy (yuck) then when my temperature goes up it means Ive stopped ovulating and Im going to get my period?
Whats day one of the cycle?First day of my period?
xxxxxxx

The first day of your cycle is the first day of your actual period. don't count any funny spotting before hand. when af comes in full, that's day 1.

And i think i confused you, I'm not the best at explaining things sometimes. But when your temp goes up and CM gets all stretchy, THAT is your most fertile time. And if you're ttc, you would bd a few days before and every other day basically around ovulation.

Ovulation is when you're most fertile.
the temp spike tells that you ovulated.

when the temp goes down... you'll be likely to get your period in the next day or so.

(lol, i know i'm repeating myself. just trying to make sure i say it correctly. does that make more sense?)

It makes more sense :)
So once the temp goes up and the CM gets all stringy then its time to BD?xx

It makes more sense :)
So once the temp goes up and the CM gets all stringy then its time to BD?xx

Actually you want to BD when the CM gets stretchy and clear (like eggwhites) because that is the best sign that OV is in the next day or so. When your temp goes up (and stays up for at least 3 days) than you know that OV happened, so if you wait for the temp to go up than you missed your best chance of getting pregnant. The fertility friend website has a good tutorial on all this.

My head hurts from all the thinking :rofl:
I think I understand,I think.
Thank you so much girls xxxxxxx

If you have anymore questions, I'd be glad to try and answer them.
And I'm sure there are others who'd love to help as well. :)

nadupoi has pretty much covered it all :)

*Same time everyday.
*After 3 hours straight sleep.
*Don't do any major moving (going to the loo).
*Take it as soon as you wake.
*Fertile CM can resemble egg white, or can be 'watery'.
*You'll know when you've o'd once your temp has risen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->