I need a night nappy any suggestions?

jess3012

mummy to megan
Reaction score
As the title says i need a night nappy for my lo! I'm new to this so havent got a clue what to look for!:blush:
Any suggestion would be appreciated!
Also do you need special inserts for nighttime?

I've got some Baby Beehinds Magic Alls with a hemp insert that work a treat. I've also just got some night time boosters to go in my Close Parent Pop-Ins, so I hope they'll help. (I'm new to cloth, too.)

Bamboo PopIns with the night boosters are very good night nappies :thumbup: We've been using these up until last week when Evie started to outwee them :( She's a tummy sleeper tho so it's difficult getting a night nappy that will actually work with a tummy sleeper!

We do a 2-part system, of a WeeNotions Night Notion with a wool soaker. It works really well for us (and our front-sleeping heavy wetter!). Sometimes I stick an extra hemp booster in if she's had a particularly watery day :rofl: Our back-up nappies are Issy Bear V2s with both inserts, and they do work well. I just prefer her to be in something breathable at night :)

Both of these options are quite bulky though, so not sure how well they'd fit a 3 month old! Thinking about it, the Night Notions start at size medium, so that probably puts that whole idea right out the window :dohh:

Yeah I gotta say that the PopIns with the mini booster and the night booster were HUGE!! It was like she had big ole marshmallow planted on her bum :haha:

By the time I pulled LO's vest down, she looked like a Weeble :blush: The first time I tried to sit her up in a WNNN, she nearly fell over :rofl:

:rofl: Caine is same in his WNNN he can hardly walk but they do the trick!

By the time I pulled LO's vest down, she looked like a Weeble :blush: The first time I tried to sit her up in a WNNN, she nearly fell over :rofl:

:rofl: Evie was the same in her PopIns when they had the mini booster and the night booster in :haha:

I know I'm hijacking this, but I'm new too. We have various pocket nappies, so could I just stuff one to the brim and make her weeble like and just see what happens? Or does it have to be a special specific night nappy? (must admit we're still relying on a pampers nightime nappy.)

No it doesnt have to be a specific night time nappy really :) Bamboo would be the best bet tho as it absorbs more than microfibre :thumbup: Be careful not to overstuff tho as this can cause leaks too! Oh and if you have any fleece liners, pop one of those in the nappy to help keep the wetness away from your LO's skin :)

There is nothing to beat 2 bamboo squares, folded together and put on in the traditional way, but using a nappy nippa rather than a pin, and covered with a wool soaker of longies for overnighting. I know lots of people won't even consider them, but they aren't difficult to do, once you've done a few, they will fit perfectly, whatever shape or size your baby is, and they are far and away the most efficient system - and the cheapest incidentally!

This combination never, ever, even once leaked on any my children, and I've had 3!

Bamboo PopIns with the night boosters are very good night nappies :thumbup: We've been using these up until last week when Evie started to outwee them :( She's a tummy sleeper tho so it's difficult getting a night nappy that will actually work with a tummy sleeper!

Ahhh these nappies have been my fail safe for ever and lately lo has been peeing thru them, Im gutted as anything but he is a tummy sleeper too so perhaps that helped it all along - good to know!

I am now using Issy Bear minky with the 2 inserts and they work a charm otherwise Ill always without hesitation recommend the popins with night booster :)

Ive heard that Issy bears are best for night absorbancy... but I don't have any, and I'm currently starting Monk And Bear as an alternative to my ittis and so far they are great!

I still love my ittis, and just put her in a large instead of medium size overnight, and add a mini booster.

So far no leaks :)

Ive heard that Issy bears are best for night absorbancy... but I don't have any, and I'm currently starting Monk And Bear as an alternative to my ittis and so far they are great!

I still love my ittis, and just put her in a large instead of medium size overnight, and add a mini booster.

So far no leaks :)

I'm amazed you've had no leaks! I love ittis but even with the booster they only last a few hoirs! :(

Just wanted to jump in as I'm looking for night nappies as well! :blush:

Oh, and to answer the original question, issys or pop-ins work well for me :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->