i need advice PLEASE

Spunky Cupkake

Reaction score
Right had my routine check with midwife yesterday and i was 26 wks + but when she measured me i was 28 wks, when i got preg i thought my due date would be around 21st of may according to last period which wasnt a period as i misscarried , but my first scan showed that baby measured 5 wks when i was supposed to have been 7 has this ever happened to anyone?? did you deliver early ?? please let me know

thanks

spunky xxxx

I would say your scan is correct and you are 2 weeks bigger for your dates instead.

I wouldnt worry,you can have 3cm's difference either way of your weeks and they wont worry. it will either catch up or baby will be a little bigger.

Bex

I say the same as bex, their is always a certain amount of play with fundus heights. The scan is more likly to be accurate, did you have a proper dating scan after 10 weeks? cause normally anything before 7 weeks isnt accurate either.

at my 12 wk scan baby measured 13 wks + something i cant remeber know as it was ages ago but i know that i was supposed to be due on 6th of june but now im due 3rd

Well they should be dating it by the 12 weeks scan, so if you due date was differnt from that, they should be going from that date, not your origional estimated date, as thats the whole reason for the 12 week scan, to accuratly date it. Any scans before 7 weeks are not accurate and neither are scans after 16 weeks.

if you look at the scan notes, you should find a new EDD in their and that is what you should be going by.

Always rely on the scan, the hospital does!

I agree with the others ...

Deffo go with what the hospital tell you as they go by the dating scan done at 12wks.
Your just a bit of a big baby lol!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"