• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I need experienced advice (update, end of page1)

Reaction score
I did not temp at all this month because my thermometer doesn't work and I haven't bought a new one yet.

I did use OPKs. I had an almost positive OPK at CD7, a positive at CD8, a positive at CD9, and a negative by the end of CD9. They remained negative through CD18 when I stopped testing.

I felt like I was ovulating, I had ovulation cramps, a fertile change in my cervical mucus, and my cervix was high and soft.

Given all of that I assumed I ovulated around CD9, maybe CD10.

That would put me at 21DPO on CD30. I tend to have a LP of 15 days.

The last few days I have started having a lot of symptoms. I haven't yet taken a test with FMU, at least not since 12DPO. All tests have been negative, although a lot generated very faint lines that I ruled out as evap lines and false positives (new FRER tests and Dollar Tree). The most recent test I took was a CBE digital at 14 DPO, not with FMU.

I'm testing tomorrow morning with another CBE digital.

If it's negative... where do I start? Do I just start temping again? Do I wait for a period-like thing? Do I have to have a period before I ovulate again?

I've never been in this situation, so I'm really at a loss for what to do.

I don't think I am pregnant, but I'm like 99% sure I ovulated. The 1% comes from people telling me it's possible to have all signs of ovulation but not ovulate.

Any advice on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

do you not have a period every month?

My cycles are generally 27 days long, give or take a day. I had one 25 day cycle a couple of months ago, followed by a 29 day cycle (I ovulated on cycle day 15 on the longer cycle)

Since I started my period at age 12 I have kept track on a calendar, and I've never missed a period, and I've never been late by more than two days (and now I know that I was probably "late" because I ovulated later).

I would get a blood test then. There are a lot of woman who just don't register on urine pregnancy tests.

My clinic won't do blood test unless I'm two weeks late or if I can generate a positive urine test. I have my yearly pelvic schedule for mid-April anyway so if AF still doesn't show by then I guess I'll get some answers.

If you test at 22 dpo I would trust the test no matter the result. I hate waiting games (i'm the most impatient person on the planet). If its negative, just wait for your period to start over and then just have fun baby-making. I wouldn't temp, I wouldn't chart, I wouldn't use opks. I honestly think woman who do that stress themselves out too much and they don't fall pregnant.

Well we used to use natural family planning as birth control, so that's why I was temping. We've been trying for 8 months without temping or OPKs, and nothing. I only used OPKs this month for the heck of it.

We're not really going to be TTC anymore because of OH's new job. He'll be gone for the next three weeks so no BDing for us. It's all going to be completely by chance now.

ah, okay. well, I would just let nature takes its course, then again, if OPKs and temping really help then I would go for it. Just don't get yourself stressed out over it.
i have my fingers crossed for you and I hope so much that you get your bfp!

So I went out last night and bout a new basal thermometer. My temp at 5:30 this morning was 96.93, which is low for me. So AF should be here soon.

I took a HPT this morning, Clearblue digital.
I'm definitely more than frustrated. This is the first time I've taken a HPT with FMU since a Dollar Tree test at 12DPO.
The result? Apparently I used the test wrong. I put the tip in the cup for 20 seconds, I swear I didn't hold it with the test stick up, and I laid it flat immediately after until the message came up. What message did I get?
https://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/uk-kitchen/shops/Clearblue/Book_Error._V16017999_.jpg

That's not my test, but that doesn't matter. According to the directions I probably didn't use enough urine, or too much urine, or I held up upsidedown, or I didn't lay it flat. Hm. Oh well.

I should have my answer from my temp, right?

So I went out last night and bout a new basal thermometer. My temp at 5:30 this morning was 96.93, which is low for me. So AF should be here soon.

I took a HPT this morning, Clearblue digital.
I'm definitely more than frustrated. This is the first time I've taken a HPT with FMU since a Dollar Tree test at 12DPO.
The result? Apparently I used the test wrong. I put the tip in the cup for 20 seconds, I swear I didn't hold it with the test stick up, and I laid it flat immediately after until the message came up. What message did I get?
https://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/uk-kitchen/shops/Clearblue/Book_Error._V16017999_.jpg

That's not my test, but that doesn't matter. According to the directions I probably didn't use enough urine, or too much urine, or I held up upsidedown, or I didn't lay it flat. Hm. Oh well.

I should have my answer from my temp, right?

nope! get another test. That's why I avoid digitals, I never trust what they give me because so many different things could give you a messed up result. >.>

piiiiiink dye test :)

I only do the digitals after I've gotten my BFP on a pink dye and then it's only for show via e-mails and avatars.

nope! get another test. That's why I avoid digitals, I never trust what they give me because so many different things could give you a messed up result. >.>

I just have no idea what brand to buy, now.

The options are FRER, FRER digital, generic, Clearblue easy, CBE digital, and Dollar Tree.
I don't like the new FRER tests plus they're really expensive. I've only ever gotten errors on FRER digitals, the generic tests are all untrustworthy blue dye tests, and I'm not so sure about the Clearblue easy lined tests, the CBE digitals I now don't trust.

So... that leaves Dollar Tree tests or maybe Clearblue easy tests?

I was just going to not test anymore, but I have to go out and get more dog food so I'm going to Wal-mart which is right next to the Dollar Tree.

I've always had luck with the Dollar Tree tests. I've used them on all my pregnancies and they've never been wrong. I wouldn't waste my money on the expensive ones as I believe the Dollar Tree ones work just as well!

GL and hope you get your BFP! :)

I've actually had the most clear results from generic storebrand tests (not blue dye tests however)....I like Answer pregnancy tests. They are LIKE FRER, however they do not use the new technology the new FRER do. Note I have NEVER gotten an evap on them so I like them. I do like dollar tree tests as well. OR just make an appointment with the doc. they'll just do a blood test OR a urine test.

I've actually had the most clear results from generic storebrand tests (not blue dye tests however)....I like Answer pregnancy tests. They are LIKE FRER, however they do not use the new technology the new FRER do. Note I have NEVER gotten an evap on them so I like them. I do like dollar tree tests as well. OR just make an appointment with the doc. they'll just do a blood test OR a urine test.

Like I said, all of the generics where I am have converted to blue dye. Answer has a blue dye test and two kinds of pink dye tests. The Answer test that is pink dye that is an "early" pregnancy test is good, but they don't sell them where I am anymore. They only sell the other kind with the sensitivity of 100miu. I bought a bunch of Dollar Tree tests, figuring even if I AF shows up tomorrow I can always stash them and use them later.

So you are on CD30 and you ov'd on CD9 or CD10 at the latest, so you are about 5 or 6 days past when your AF was expected. I have definitely heard of women who don't get a BFP until over a week past when their AF was due. I think you should wait two days and test again, although if it was me I would probably not be able to wait and would test at least once a day until BFP or AF. good luck!

I've heard of women not getting a positive on POAS until they were 7+ and confused as hell. One of my friends refused to believe it until she got a BFP at week 14 and then had a US that confirmed she was having a boy!

So you are on CD30 and you ov'd on CD9 or CD10 at the latest, so you are about 5 or 6 days past when your AF was expected. I have definitely heard of women who don't get a BFP until over a week past when their AF was due. I think you should wait two days and test again, although if it was me I would probably not be able to wait and would test at least once a day until BFP or AF. good luck!

Thanks. Yeah I'm 6 or 7 days late if I ovulated when I'm pretty sure I did. I went out and bought a bunch of Dollar Tree tests, so I can use them each morning guilt free.

I just don't know when to give up. I've started to temp again, so even if AF doesn't come I can potentially see what's up in my cycle.

I've heard of women not getting a positive on POAS until they were 7+ and confused as hell. One of my friends refused to believe it until she got a BFP at week 14 and then had a US that confirmed she was having a boy!

Thanks, I really, really hope that I can get a BFP sometime soon here as this was our last cycle actually TTC since OH is going to be gone all the time now. It's going to be left completely up to chance if I'm not already pregnant.

Like I said in my last post, I just don't know at what point to give up. I have a bunch of Dollar Tree tests now, but at what point do I just stop testing and assume I'm not pregnant? I know I should go in to the doctor if nothing happens and I will definitely do that, but is there a point when I should just stop testing and wait until I can get an appointment at the clinic?

Sorry, I'm just frustrated and asking for opinions.

Where is OH going? overnight somewhere? Keep us posted and lets hope for the BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->