I need help...does my bbt chart point to infertility?

fyrfytrlady

Reaction score
I am so confused....I have been ttc for several months. I thought it would be easy since my 1st pregnancy just happened (and ended in m/c), and my second pregnancy just happened without even trying (born healthy and happy)....Now that I have been ttc it seems like so much work and even more disappointment. I started temping in April on CD 21 after I got a 2nd +OPK on CD 20 and couldn't figure out what was going on with my body.

I have noticed several things from temping...First, it seems as if my pre O temps and my post O temps are very similar, it does not appear as if I have much of a biphasic pattern.

Secondly, it appears as if my body is trying over and over again to O, as I keep getting huge temp rises every 10-14 days.

My periods are no longer normal (since giving birth 2 1/2 yrs ago), the last 2 periods have only lasted for 2 days max, with extremely minimal bleeding more like spotting, and absolutely no other AF corresponding signs, no cramps nothing (other than skin breakout all the time not just during AF). My last period was the most amazing period I have ever experienced- I really thought IB b/c I have never had such a kind hardly noticeable period in my life. All HPT tests have been BFN- so disappointing.

After my +OPK on CD 20 I spotted on CD 28 (which turned into CD 1) for hardly 2 days- so either I really did O on CD 14 with my 1st +OPK, or I O'd on CD 20 with my 2nd +OPK, which would mean my LP was only 6 days long. Obviously not normal.

Then I had an extremely long time frame in between before I O'd again on CD 35. I decided not to OPK b/c it could drive me nuts getting too many +OPK's- so I payed close attention to my body. I knew I O'd on CD 35 and finally FF and Ovagraph confirmed O on CD 35. Why is my LP so short, and my FP so long?

My temps are above coverline throughout my entire cycle except for the fact that I get a pre O temp drop, and then the rest of my cycle my temps are high but continue to remain chaotic by means of going up and down consistently even though they still remain rather high. Shouldn't my FP temps be lower than my LP temps?

Also, why do I continue to get huge temp rises every 10-14 days? Is my body trying to O and just can't? What can I do to help this situation?

I feel hopelss- Insurance will not cover anything fertility related b/c apparently they would rather cover birth control in order to save money for labor and birth....and forget about letting a woman be a woman by being the mother she wants so badly to be.

I am looking into all options available that are natural and homeopathic that I can hopefully use to regulate my own body without the assistance of doctors who only care so much about money. Does anyone have any experience, suggestions, advice, or wisdom they can share with me?

Thank you kindly for any response! My Chart is below...

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4eed89/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Can anybody help me? After 107 views and no replies I feel broken and alone......Am I really the only one?

i personally do not feel that your chart displays infertility. in fact you seem to get tons of fertile eggwhite cm which is great as i never really get it myself, even the month i concieved. ii tthink its just a matter of timing in your case as you seem to ovulate really late.

hope that helped :flower:

oh im sorry i forgot to mention that i also ovulate very late so i took 1000mg of vitex with 1000mg of dong quai to regulate my cycles. this worked perfect for me. it can also lengthen a short LP if take throughout cycle including during and after ovulation. do not take vitex and dong quai during your period.

your temps going up and down i do not see as problem as many things can effect this such as: the temp in the room, how you take your temp (oral or vagiinal), if you sleep with you mouth open, if you've gotten at least 3 hours of sleep prior to temping, etc. i could go on an on. also you seem to have many days where you have gotten up a different times to temp which can also effect your chart and the way its interpreted (inaccuracies). again i just feel you ovulate late, and if you do have a short LP try the recommend herbs. hth :flower:

Aliko- thank you for your input, I really do appreciate it. I feel like my temps are like a roller coaster as they seem very saw toothy...Also, I don't understand why all of my temps are higher and above coverline. And why my FP and LP temps seem similar? Shouldn't there be more of a distinct difference between the two.

Almost all of the days where the temps were taken differently were only by 5-30 mins difference. Two were off by a few hours because I had to get up extra early to finish a deadline commitment (4:30 am compared to 6am).

I have never had this long of a cycle and I'm really confused why I would wait until CD 35 to O when normally my total cycles don't go over 35 days....

Hi,

I agree with you temps don t seem very biphasic. This may fit with the short luteal phase and reflect insufficent progesterone. In many cases this is actually an issue with the FP not providing a good enough ovulation to produce the corpus luteum for progesterone production. The long cycle may reflect difficulties in your body to actually get to the right stage to ovulate. Also maybe why you keep getting lots of ewcm (i would get several days of this when bf and my periods hadn t actually manage to start up). Although taking temps at different times will affect them to some degree as long as you ve had 3 hrs sleep there should still be a general trend so i think you are right to question them (i am temping with a nearly 3yr old who often wakes at least once a night so my times and amount of sleep are often widely different but do still show a biphasic trend.)
Something that can be very effective at balancing your cycle is acupuncture often combined with TCM herbs. A book you may find useful to read is the infertility cure by Ranidine Lewis. It talks of the Chinese medicine view of fertility and has a good section on BBT charting with explanations for various different charts you might see and what you can do to help (diet and massage as well as herbs and acupuncture).
I have found TCM very effective. I took 18mns to conceive my 1st at age 35, the only thing from investigations was low AMH, i concieved after 6mns of acupuncture (i only just started herbs the month i concieved). We are now trying for no. 2. Due to extended breastfeeding my periods didnt return for 23mns and i too had a short luteal phase when they did (8 days), after 3mns of acupuncture (i was still breastfeeding so didn t feel comfortable with herbs) my LP phase was 12 days and i concieved tho sadly miscarried at 9weeks, i m now 3mns since then and herbs and acupunc have got my cycles straight back to ov day 14 and LP of 13 days.
With your long cycle may pcos could be a factor ? Could you get an ultrasound and some basic bloods to just get some baseline info and perhaps look into acupuncture/TCM if you wanted to go down the natural route.
I wish you the best of luck and although frustrating if it is a hormonal imalance then i would be optimistic that it was something that could be fixed, especially as you have concieved twice previously.

Hip hip hooray I found out why my temps and cycles were not normal. I was surprised to learn by accident the other day that I am very pregnant...Thank you ladies for trying to help me and point me in the right direction.....

Wow, that s great news. Happy and healthy 9mns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->