I need help..is this PPD..sorry if it's in the wrong place.

iluvmyfamily

mom to 5 babies 1 angel
Reaction score
Probably not the right place for this but I don't know where else to post. In postnatal area barely anyone writes or replies so I figured I'd try my luck here.

Since having my baby girl I've been depressed. It could very well be all the stress I've been facing since moving to a new State 3 months ago but ever since having her 8 days ago I feel worse. I wanna take care of her but DH does most of the work because I don't seem to move a muscle to get up and do it. I don't like myself for that, either. I'm usually moving around and getting things done but I feel mentally and emotionally exhausted. I have no patience for my children anymore (and I have 5 so that doesn't help! lol), and I'm very snappy with DH. I get to the point where I wanna talk about my feelings but then I shut down completely and want nothing to do with anything. I feel scared to be alone with all the kids, especially the baby, and it could be because DH has been out of work for a month and when he goes back I fear I won't be able to handle them all at one time. It shouldn't be too hard though because my 5 and 7 yr old are in school until 4pm and all I have at home with me is the baby which sleeps most of the time and the boys which if I put tv on they're pretty calm for the most part. I just don't feel like I can handle anything. I feel very overwhelmed. Is this PPD?? I had it with my first and 3rd but I'm not sure if this is how I felt with them. :( What should I do? I don't look forward to anything and I feel very undecisive.

Hey Hun. I think it's just baby blues! Give it 2-3 weeks and see how u feel then. You are prob just overwhelmed. I'm struggling with a toddler and newborn I can't even imagine 5 kids!!!!dont feel guilty for not getting up just get the rest u need. If it makes u feel any better I hired a night nurse to do night feeds with baby because I needed to recover and don't do well with no sleep. I think you'll be just fine. Xxx pm me if u wanna chat

Hi hun,

I had it with my first too and it's a bit difficult to see the difference between baby blues and ppd. Have a look at this website. It also has a quiz to check if you have ppd. Or otherwise contact your gp for a chat. Hope you feel better soon x
https://www.babycenter.com/0_postpartum-depression-and-anxiety_227.bc

Thank you girls. I'll do the quiz now just to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->