I need help with not worrying please...

firsttimetry

Reaction score
ok so this is my first child and I started to feel him (guessing on the sex for the mo) moving just over a week ago. Since then I have worked out when he is active. One of these times is in the morning on the way to work and for the first hour when i'm in work.

so far this morning i have felt nothing. I've tried a cold glass of water and a mini crunchie but nothing!

I have read on the internet that really you can't establish (and therefore worry) patterns of movement before 25 weeks.

Please can at least someone tell me not to worry and that i'm over reacting (in a nice gentle way). As i'm trying not to panic myself.
xx

ive felt little bits of movements but nothing consitant

Calm down, girl. My OB specifically told me (ordered me, even) to not count kicks/movement or track pattern before 27-28 weeks. She said that I still have a lot of space for the baby inside, and it is possible that the baby is moving and I won't feel it. In fact, I saw this happen during my 21-week ultrasound. She said that if I start tacking, I will spend half my day worrying about it.

So take heart, and do not worry. You shall surely feel him at night or whenever you are completely still. :)

That's really true, baby's movements are so sparadic right now... just keep an eye on it over the next few days honey but I think at this stage - you'd know if something was wrong via pain etc.. i'm sure bubba is just resting :) he's still tiny! xxx

I know the pattern of my boy movements but sometime he changes his patterns don't worry about it he possible overslept and will move when he is ready :)

Aaah doll like the other girls said, it's easier to worry than not to eh? You're not far off me, I'm a few days behind & I have been getting movements & more defined kicks on & off for a couple of weeks now. I wouldn't be able for the life of me, tell you when these might happen...LO apparently has his/her own timetable of which I am not allowed to know...

...I didn't feel much at all yesterday, maybe 1 or 2 flutters, think LO was having a lazy day but definitely making up for it today!

I think it's exactly the same for you as it is for me & I'm not worried so neither should you be hon....Hugs xx

my baby still isn't set in her ways yet and im a few weeks ahead of you, sometimes she wont move at all dureing the day other times she has little fits in there. really don't worry about it!!

I've not noticed any patter yet either!

I posted on here recently as I was freaking out a bit too like you about not feeling movements :) Everyone reassured me that its far too soon for baby to be making regular movements. And Baby might even be facing away from your tummy so you won't feel the movements.

Plus baby sleeps alot, and might just be having a lay in this morning ;)

Dont worry hun, you'll feel baba moving again before long!

As all these lovely ladies have said I really wouldn't panic- I'm a few days ahead of you and so far haven't felt any movement, I have had flutters but not entirely convinced that it isn't just trapped wind! It's still way too early to worry yet :)

My little one normally wriggles in the morning when I'm in bed and after dinner, when I sit down in my comfy chair. But some days he doesn't really move much at all. If i'm worried I'll listen with the doppler, and he's normally back the next day. So I wouldn't stress.

Afternoon...I have been to see my mw this morning as bump being stubborn and no matter what I did she wouldn't budge since yesterday :( so mw had a feel and the awkward one is lay across my tummy, probably back facing out which is why I can't feel her grooving away. The point is, all is probably fine and your little one is probably hiding away...but, if you are not settling or are worrying because if it, a mw would be happy to put your mind at rest. Take care of you and bump

they still have a lot of room to move around this time- and sometimes they can tuck themselves next to the placenta which means you will feel nothing. Dont panic im sure he is fine - maybe just not as active today, If you are worried- call one of the midwifes and see if you can come in to have his heartbeat checked,

With my first pregnancy I worried about this alot, I tried everything, cold glasses of water, sugar, exercise, hot cold baths. Got myself really stressed. Shes 3 years old now!!!

Thsi tmie round I dont worry about it at all, like the other say they move into funny positions and sleep alot. Im not gonna think about until 3rd trimester x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->