I need help

georgie1991

Reaction score
I really wna start buying clothes for the baby, im now 26 weeks and it seems ridiculous that i have nothing, but im soooo scared to buy anything incase the baby doesnt need it or i cud be saving the money and buying something the baby needs.
But everytime i walk into the baby shop, they have sooooo many sizes, and i just dont know wat size to get. i know alot of people say dnt buy alot till the baby comes out so u can see how big they are but i wna buy some stuff, i just dont know wat size; Tiny baby, Newborn, 0-3.
Its driving me mad.
Sorry for the rant im just going crazy trying to decide.

Wat did you girls get for your babys?

xxxxxxx

I'm planning on getting a couple of newborn sized outfits. Even if they're a bit on the big side they'll do until OH can bring some smaller ones into the hospital.

i have bought a few newborn things, and a few 0-3 months. people may well buy you really tiny stuff when you give birth anyway, and you can roll up sleeves and things if things are a bit too big at first.

i think thats wat ill end up doing. just getting a few newborn sizes and some 0-3 months stuff.
sooo many people buy newborn outfits as gifts i dnt wna have loads of stuff i never use :)

xxxx

I'm going for mostly newborn things, though the weight ranges seem to vary in different shops. Some 0-3months things might have slipped in there too, but I know they won't be wasted cos baby will grow into them fast enough!

So far, I've only bought things from supermarkets - really cheap! I get something each week when I do the food shop so I don't notice the cost as it's only a few extra pounds. I'm trying really hard to just stick to the absolute basics as I know that my mum and sisters will go mad when baby arrives!

wel i have jus bought 0 to 3 months and i think thats wot am goin to get all my stuff as but the thing with me is that i dont no how much to get i have: 3 outfits, 4 sleepsuits,4 bibs, 2 cardies, 2 hats, 3 blankets, 3 pairs of mits, 3 pairs of socks, and a bath towel. and i dont no wot else to buy!!! xxx

I'd buy a few things here and there in a variety of sizes that way you have something for the baby to wear the first week or so and then you always have something in the next size up as baby grows. It's so hard to say what sizes to buy because every company has their own idea of what an 8 lb. baby should be wearing. When Danny was 4 months old he was fitting in size newborn, 0-3, 3-6, and several 6-9 month outfits.

I have bought 0 to 3 months and a few newborn things, not bought too much as they get loads when they are born, also havent spent too much on fancy makes mostly supermarket and next as they grow out of them sooooooo quick.

Good luck xx

also, try to think about what age your LO is gonna be in the different seasons... that's helped me a little!! :hugs:

I'm just buying vests and sleepsuits. Got a few in newborn but mostly 0-3 month stuff :)

Ive bought a few baby grows which are newborn and more in sizes sizes 0-3. Ive already got the pram and the cot etc...

i just bought a couple newborn and 0 - 3 months outfits and not buying any more cos im expecting people to buy us stuff!

seen as tho i kno wat im having im just gna focus on 0-3 month stuff, ill have enough newborn stuff with people buying stuff and if they dnt fit ill buy newborn wen shes born till she fits into them :)
it all seems soo much clearer wen u talk to other people, saying tht ill start freaking out wen im in the shop surrounded by different sized clothes lol

xxxxx

also, try to think about what age your LO is gonna be in the different seasons... that's helped me a little!! :hugs:

shes bein born in july, but u just dno how long the summer is gna last for in england :p
i really wna buy her gorgeous lil summer dresses, but knowin the weather it will be pouring it down wen shes born hehehe

xxxxx

i have 3 pairs of tiny baby trousers and tops (unisex), and 2 newborn girls and boys outfits. vests and babygrows are either newborn or 0-3, as well as a handful of tiny baby that i had in cupboard from other 2.

even though my boys were 7lb 6oz and 7lb 11oz at birth (average weight) there was nothing to them and newborn "drowned" them. so my mum went and got me loads of tiny baby with 1st (- mothercare get 1 tiny baby for every 3 newborn so be aware) and i kept them.

No need to worry at all its not silly you haven't bought anything.

Iam 23 weeks and ive not bought a single item. I personally am getting the larger items first (pram , cotbed , changing table etc) Ive seen some offers and on what i really like so in next few weeks im having them.
However iam leaving clothes to last (unless i see something amazing and before it goes). Even up until last few weeks ill probably only get the basic baby clothes and that will be newborn and maybe the odd 0-3 months.Then when i can see how big baby is etc i'll get the other bits as i go along.

Everyoens different but i dont think there a right or a wrong time to buy.If you see something you absaloutly love and it seems good value then may as well get it. If your unsure then wait.Offers and deals come and go...long as you have the basics for when baby comes. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->