I need some reassurance or something before I drive myself nuts! :(

Ms_Friendly

TTC #1
Reaction score
So long story short, had a miscarriage with our first in February of this year. I found out I was pregnant on the 8th of this month. I am either 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 weeks (not sure when my last period was due to the stresses of moving, totally lost track of time) With my first pregnancy I had close to zero symptoms. With this one, I have sore nipples, fatigue, mood swings, headaches sometimes (mild) and hunger was increased but has slowed down lately, I was also going to the bathroom a lot more but it's been slowing down as well. Sore nipples and the other stuff are still here though.

I'm so afraid on the 4th of October I will NOT hear a heartbeat and this pregnancy will result in another miscarriage. My husband and mother had a feeling last time I was going to miscarry and this time they have an amazing feeling about this pregnancy.

How do I make it two more weeks without going insane? I'm afraid I don't have enough symptoms or I should be nauseous or something and i'm not. Ugh. This can be stressful.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, can only say that you're in good company on this forum as many of us have very sadly had losses and it does spoil the happiness of your future pregnancies, at least up until the point of your previous loss and usually at least a bit beyond. However the only reassurance I can give you is that (a) many many women on here have losses and go on to have healthy babies (b) having had one miscarriage does not increase your chances of having another and (c) in any case, the odds are on your side - once you're pregnant, as you are now, the most likely thing is that you will have a healthy baby in a few months time.
Try to stay occupied, distract yourself and the time will tick by. Don't obsess over symptoms as they truly mean very little (although it's definitely not a bad sign that you're experiencing symptoms).

Hugs to you. I absolutely understand how you feel. I had a loss last year and am around 8 weeks with this pregnancy now. I've been completely panicking at my come and go symptoms. I had similar to you, exhaustion, sore nipples and mood swings and just the odd bout of nausea til i was about 6 and a half weeks and then they seemed to disappear over night.. I was symptom free for about a day or two, however, I am now absolutely vomitting rings around myself (lovely!). Yet i'm still panicking that my sore nipples are away haha. I think that we are just going to stress about every little thing until we are safely out of 1st tri unfortunately =( Just have to try and stay distracted and what's to be will be.

Hope you are coping OK missus. You are definitely not alone xxx

Oh i know how you feel this is the 4th time I've been pregnant this year and I'm so scared. Every time I go to the toilet I'm scared I will see blood; every morning I wake up panicking that my sickness will have gone. I can't give you any advice really - googling doesn't help- I'm just trying to enjoy that for now I am pregnant. I will keep everything crossed for you, especially on your scan day. ��

Its totally understandable. I've had a 24 week loss and being pregnant with my two girls was just horrendous. I couldn't relax, I was googling every symptom I had and constantly going the bathroom checking myself, longest 9 months of my life.

I'm now 6 weeks pregnant with number 3 and must say for the first time I'm a bit more relaxed. I still need t see/hear the HB for piece of mind but I'm not as stressed as I thought I would be.

Just try and think positive and remember the odds are on you're side xx

Just sending hugs your way, and hope everything will turn out fine :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->