I need some reassuring words because I'm worrying..(UPDATE pg2)

K

Kalah

Yes this is the wrong section, very sorry but there are 500 people active in baby club right now any I'm worrying myself to death (nearly)!

Before I say it, I do have an appointment with my GP tomorrow morning so I'll be having him check me out then.

So 3 days ago I started getting chest pains, right in the middle of my chest. It felt so tight and heavy it hurt really bad. It keeps happening on and off since then. Today it was the worst every time I bend over or turn my body or take a deep breath it hurts again. So I looked on the NHS direct symptom checker thing and it told me to call 999. Not very reassuring! I usually just assume I'm over thinking everything and looking it up on the internet tends to prove that it's not that bad but this time it made me think it is actually something bad. Can someone just tell me they've had a similar experience and it turned out to just be nothing serious?

I think you should request a call back from the NHS direct. Get a professional to speak to you. xx

If it happens again hun id ring 999, your not overreacting :hugs: hope everything is ok x

I think you should request a call back from the NHS direct. Get a professional to speak to you. xx

I agree, they always say 999 for chest pain because it isn't something people should be assessing at home by themselves. Maybe you've pulled one of the muscles between your ribs, who knows, but I wouldn't want to suggest any action that wasn't seeing a health professional.

^^WSS...
I have had this before and it turned out to be a pulled muscle but always better to get checked by the professionals.

Not sure what to suggest doing but defo get some advice from someone who knows what their talking about :flower:

i guess it could be something simple or something serious.

what sort of pain is it? heavy ....sharp...stinging...

call nhs direct and speak to someone and they will give you advice.

the sooner you chat to someone the more you will stop worrying.

it could be anxiety. it could be heart burn...muscles.... a nerve...

id say it could be could b muscles too hun, defo get checked over tho :D good luck xx

I had this when i was 30 weeks pregnant, it started as soon as i got up in the morning and by the evening it still hadn't gone so i rang the nhs direct. They advised me to go in, so i did and i was sent to the hospital (maternity bit). Not sure if they would've sent me if i wasn't pregnant but they thought it could've been a blood clot seeing as they're more common in pregnancy i think or just more dangerous i don't know. In was examined when i got there and had blood took from my artery in my wrist, that hurt like a b*tch lol n had it done six times as they didn't take enough blood for the reading thing. They came bk clear but i was made to stay over night. I had to explain the pain over and over again but they just didn't get what i was telling them. Mine hurt exactly the same as yours, when i turned my body and right at the end of a deep breath. I couldn't even lay down at one point and had to take really shorts breaths for the pain not to come. They didn't find out what it was and just said it could be something to do with my muscles??? I've had mine before though but it's never lasted that long or been as bad and i haven't had it since so maybe it could be although i've never been doing anything at the time that you would think would do anything to my muscles. Sorry i haven't been more help though hun, i never got told much xxx

Something similar happened to my DH a few years back. He was at work and they thought he was having a heart attack, so they called an ambulance. It turned out that he'd pulled a muscle in his chest, but it was still very scary.
I'd call an ambulance if you're worried, Hun.
You can't be too careful.
xx

It sounds similar to what i had and they said muscles but i didn't hurt when i held my breath and turned but as soon as i let my breath out again it would hurt. Not nice worrying about something though x

I had a similar thing once, thought it was really serious. Turned out to be heartburn :dohh:. My friend had a similar pain, turned out to be pneumonia! Point is, chest pain can be so many different things. You need to be seen by a professional ASAP. In the mean time, just try to relax, I know that sounds stupid!
:hugs:

i think you will be able to sleep tonight if you chat to someone on nhs direct.

I had something similar about 3 weeks ago it seemed yo ease then came back with avengence went to hospital and they checked my heart, all was ok and was a pulled muscle. Definitely get checked out though you can never be too careful xx

I had this when i was 30 weeks pregnant, it started as soon as i got up in the morning and by the evening it still hadn't gone so i rang the nhs direct. They advised me to go in, so i did and i was sent to the hospital (maternity bit). Not sure if they would've sent me if i wasn't pregnant but they thought it could've been a blood clot seeing as they're more common in pregnancy i think or just more dangerous i don't know. In was examined when i got there and had blood took from my artery in my wrist, that hurt like a b*tch lol n had it done six times as they didn't take enough blood for the reading thing. They came bk clear but i was made to stay over night. I had to explain the pain over and over again but they just didn't get what i was telling them. Mine hurt exactly the same as yours, when i turned my body and right at the end of a deep breath. I couldn't even lay down at one point and had to take really shorts breaths for the pain not to come. They didn't find out what it was and just said it could be something to do with my muscles??? I've had mine before though but it's never lasted that long or been as bad and i haven't had it since so maybe it could be although i've never been doing anything at the time that you would think would do anything to my muscles. Sorry i haven't been more help though hun, i never got told much xxx

That actually does make me feel better that you've had the same thing. I'm thinking now it might just be a muscle thing, hopefully! If it wasn't for kili I would just go to a&e but I wouldn't have anyone to watch her and waking her up for a trip out would probably make her really angry!

Ahh glad it does hun, nothing worse than worrying though so good that you've got an appointment tomorrow. I always find myself googling things then getting myself worked up wondering what it could be, even worse now i've got lo. Mine started easing off abit by time i got to the hospital so i felt like a bit of a fraud lol but then i could only sleep on one side all night as it hurt more when laying on the other side (plus point my hair stayed in one place and i didn't wake up in hospital looking like a scarecrow lol). Hope all is good tomorrow though, i'm sure it will be :)

Just wanted to update and say I went to my GP today and had an ECG done, it was all fine. They took some blood and will run some tests to check for any thyroid problems since I have so many things going wrong with me right now. He said the pain is probably being caused by stress and I need to try and keep my stress levels down otherwise it will only get worse.

Am glad you got some answers! Fingers crossed the tests come back clear. I have these pains when i get stressed and worked up, There not nice and really hurt!

Just wanted to update and say I went to my GP today and had an ECG done, it was all fine. They took some blood and will run some tests to check for any thyroid problems since I have so many things going wrong with me right now. He said the pain is probably being caused by stress and I need to try and keep my stress levels down otherwise it will only get worse.

I am hyperthyroid so shout if you have any questions :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->