I need to quit my job!!

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
a nurse and well used to the rubbish shifts, getting treated like crap and the constant stress.... but its just getting worse. We had a terrible manager last time I was pregnant and ended up going on mat leave 7 weeks early to get away from her. Now shes left the deputy has become the bitch and is making my life pure hell. Im only about 8 weeks gone so still have ages and ages to work. I want her having control but I cant deacantl with it. Going above her to complain is dangerous and will make things worse xxx

I'm so sorry you're going through this :hugs: I don't know the maternity laws over there- if you get a job immediately after leaving your current place, will you still be eligible for maternity leave pay? If so, and if it is a possibility, I would do it. Nurses already have such a hard and stressful job, having a horrible boss would just make it so much worse.
Good luck x

Sorry you feel this way :( I hope it gets better it's horrible when you feel like you can't tell anyone to help change the situation! Being a nurse is a hard job as it is (my sisters one) without bitchy work mates!

So sorry you are going through this!! I worked in healthcare, too. I am currently taking time off because it would be too much for me while pregnant. I can only imagine how it would feel for you. When you are finished with work, do you have time to relax? Do things you enjoy? I hope you have some time to take care of yourself during this trying time!

a nurse and well used to the rubbish shifts, getting treated like crap and the constant stress.... but its just getting worse. We had a terrible manager last time I was pregnant and ended up going on mat leave 7 weeks early to get away from her. Now shes left the deputy has become the bitch and is making my life pure hell. Im only about 8 weeks gone so still have ages and ages to work. I want her having control but I cant deacantl with it. Going above her to complain is dangerous and will make things worse xxx

I'm sorry you're going through this :(

Would it be possible to just leave and take some time to enjoy being pregnant, have your baby, bond with and enjoy your baby, and then find employment elsewhere?

If not, I echo the person who asked if you'd be eligible for maternity leave if you left and got another job. Sorry you have to go through this :( It's hard being at job that makes you feel so miserable all the time :(

Thank you all you lovely ladies. If I leave my job I wont qualify for mat pay and we cant afford to not have it. Plus if I go off sick I would only get SSP which is £75 per week. Would run us on that. I had to challenge her again today and she was the one who looked like the idiot. I hate having to raise my voice or appear nasty just to have shifts that wont kill me but its all that seems to work. Its going to be a long 7 months!!!xxx

I am so sorry for you. I don't understand why some people must be so difficult. I hope it gets better for you!

Well had a chat with my senior charge nurse and told her all about my issues with this deputy. I've to go to her with every issue I have, we will record it and keep a log of it. That way I have proper evidence for going to HR of the company if I need to. We had a new manager start this week who people have referred to as a 'beast of a boss' I'm not sure if she's just strict or what, but I'm dreading meeting her! I don't want to but will do permanent night shift just to get away from them if she is that bad.

You would think in a care home people would be nice eh? Ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->