I need to stay off Google. Now Im worried... zofran

bkay77

Expecting baby #3
Reaction score
I had heard such great things about Zofran for nausea from my doctor, from neighbors and friends, from pregnancy forums. I finally decided to give it a try today. It worked wonders!!! But then about 5 hours later I randomly came across something that said it causes heart defects. I typed "zofran heart defects pregnancy" into google and a TON of stuff popped up.

Granted its all moms who have kids with heart defects that claim it had to be the zofran as they didnt take anything else, etc... But what if they are right? Several of them were saying they only took one pill before 9 weeks and it caused a heart defect. (the heart becomes fully formed during week 8). I know google is the worst reference place in the world, but now I am worried out of my mind. I only took one pill, but I am in a very crucial development week right now (7 weeks), and am freaking out.... I need to stay off google.... :(

I am also taking Zofran. I'm 7 weeks I have had horrible MS like there is. O end day and night! My doc said its safe and I trust her. She came highly reccomended from a good friend. Zofran is a category B like Tylenol. I wouldn't worry your doc wouldn't perscribe something that would cause health risks for your baby.

I was told it was safe and was taking it while I was pregnant.

I took Zofran my last pregnancy and my daughter is fine and i'm using it again, honestly I wouldn't be able to survive without it.

I took it with Jasen and the only thing wrong with that kid is that he's too damn smart for his own good! There is always bad publicity about everything.

if you are worried dont take it i say. we will get through this period. i just started vitamin b6, think its helping, but even this worries me.
but then these women are upset and looking for something to blame for their babies situation...it could be nothing.

Hi ladies!
since it has been a few years since this post I am wondering how everyone's babies are? I too am taking zofran and I'm 10 weeks and I don't think I could function without it. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->