I need your guys' opinions!

JessNJeremy

Reaction score
:hi:hey mommas and mommas-to-be...I am still kind of in a bind...I am in Japan visiting my husband and am at least 11 weeks along. my question is if you were in my position, would you go home early to see a doctor? I haven't even gotten to talk to one yet because I am so far away and in a foreign country. We really don't have the money right now for me to go the ER here plus I don't really have a medical emergency per say. If I wait until my original departure date I'll already be at least 15 weeks!!! Would any of you just go home early to maybe get some peace-of-mind about the baby? I am in dire want/need (well, i guess not really need) of seeing my little beanie on the screen and to hear it's heartbeat:hissy:! Ahhhh I'm torn because I want to be with my husband for as long as possible...help ladies...ur opinions are dearly wanted!

I would definately go home for a scan, i am quite a paranoid person and would want to make sure all ok. Plus i know that after 14 weeks they find it hard to do certain tests because of the position of the baby in the womb, well thats what the doctor who was giving me a scan said.
I would not blame you if you did leave, but understand you not wanting to leave your husband.
I think you should do what your heart tells you. Hope this helps a little xx

Piece of mind is a good thing to have, but at the end of the day it is a personal decision. Personally I would want to be home before 14 weeks so that I could have the 12 week scan where they check the fluid at the back of the head, this can't be done after 14wks.

Good luck with your decision. x

Oh they also won't be able to give yo an exact due date after 14 weeks, because the baby no longer lies straight in the womb, so they won't be able to measure it. xx

wow, thanks both of you guys! I am a bit paranoid myself and don't know how I've kept myself all together this far! lol! I also tend to read too much into things and I feel like I know so much about pregnancy but really I hardly know anything-:dohh:-I didn't know those kinds of things about the 12 week scan and such and it kind of gives me a new perspective. My husband knows I love him lol and I think he'll understand if I do decide to go home. But now I don't know if I should leave before the holidays...we aren't really doing much-actually nothing at all-given our current financial status, but...hmmm, this'll be a hard decision for both of us I guess.
Thanks again so much! Keep the opinions coming!

I only got in contact with my midwife last week @ 11 weeks, and because of christmas I'm not going to get my first scan until nearly 15 weeks!!! Scary!!

I agree with the others the 12 week scan is important.....good luck whatever you decide :hugs:.....elle xx

Agreeing with the others too, an early scan is important for predicting your due date and so that the doc can get your necessary info on file such as blood type, urine analysis, etc.

But then again is it cheaper for you to go to a doc there or pay for a flight home and then go to a doc. Not sure what your situation is exactly but best of luck with what you decide.

And congrats on your lil bundle :)

You have to think about the baby first before anything else! So whether you find the money to go to the Jap ER or whether you come home I would advise it - especially since you seem to need the peace of mind.

I've never been pregnant obviously but I think you'll be fine if you wait. What do you think women did before scans were even invented? They just had to wait til the baby came out and it all worked out fine. Don't worry too much about it, you don't need unecessary stress right now. Have you been taking pg tests all along? I would think if it still says PG then you're good.

This of course is just my opinion. I know this must be very nerve racking for you!

Tbh, I would fly home early. Your health and your babies health takes priority from now on. The scans are important, if nothing else they´ll give you peace of mind that everything is OK with you and your little one. Your OH will understand you leaving early, because he´ll want to know thats everything is OK with you both. If you stay in Japan, you´ll not be able to relax and enjoy yourself as you´ll still have this niggling doubt at the back of your head.

Thats my two penneth worth anyway and thats what I would do.

Hope you can make your decision soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->