I need your help ladies........

KiraLeigh

New FTM after LTTTC!! :D
Reaction score
So I am 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant :D

This is my first pregnancy in years, with my last one ending in a miscarriage.

I don't really have many symptoms at the moment other than the occasional cramping and I suppose it's this fact, and my previous miscarriage that have me in panic mode.

I am contemplating getting an early scan at 6 or 7 weeks just to know everything is going well........but then at the same time I know I will be devastated if I see a healthy happy little prawn but come my 12 week scan something has happened.

How do you ladies stop yourselves from fretting?

Didn't want to read and run :hugs: I have no experience with mc fortunately, but I think the later you book the early scan, the better. Here in the Netherlands they perform them routinely at 8 weeks. After they see a heart beat then, the mc rate goes down to 5%. So maybe wait till 8 weeks?

:hugs:

It's quite normal to worry in the early weeks and it's increased so much more when you've had previous loss..
I haven't lost a pregnancy and I have only stopped having the worrying thoughts this week (ten weeks today) because I am starting to be able to feel the hardness in my tummy which really helps reassure me that things are developing.

What I did which really helped me was some positive visualization, whether you are religious or not (I'm not) it can really help change the way you're thinking, at least for a short time and then you can do it again. I kept visualizing my baby's heart and mine beating strongly, the baby's being twice as fast :) I did this because I have Tara Lee's pregnancy yoga dvd, which I would also highly recommend, which does this visualization in the relaxation bit.

Wishing you healthy pregnancy sweetheart xx

I was scanned every fortnight from 4/5 weeks, once we got a good heartbeat I was told I would be seen as a normal pregnancy from them on, but they let me have one more scan with EPU after every thing in the past they thought 5 weeks would be to long for me to wait lol. Not going to lie.... every time in the waiting room i was a bag of nerves , but the relief of seeing your little one is amazing, ask to be dealt with by EPU hun, they are lovely, they understand we are worried we are there due to being high risk, previous losses.

I don't really think you stop worrying completely so I just stay as healthy as I can so whatever the outcome I know we did what we could. Something about embracing the worrying side and letting go/realizing that you cannot control much about this situation is comforting in itself? I read books and take walks to distract myself when I can.

I got scans at 4 weeks, 4.5 weeks, 5 weeks, and 5 weeks 3 days w/o ever having a uterine pregnancy confirmed. When i went in for my 6 week 2 day scan I was literally having a panic attack on the table! Nugget was there and we saw what we thought was the heartbeat. Honestly I had prepped myself for the worst and was surprised it was okay after so many fruitless early scans.

Hang in there and if you want an early scan and are pretty sure about your dates I say wait until at least 6 weeks as there should definitely be something to see by then and hopefully a heartbeat.

I don't know if that M.O. works for you but when people say don't stress it will hurt the baby I want to scream! As if a little guilt on top of stress is going to help lol. They mean well :dohh: Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->