I ovulated twice naturally...?

shaescott

WTT for #1
Reaction score
I ovulated on Sunday the 13th AND on Tuesday the 15th. Releasing two eggs in one cycle is quite common in my family. Now I have a few questions.
1. Does releasing 2 eggs improve my chances of conceiving? I BD'd Saturday the 12th...
2. When should I expect my period? Do I start counting the lunar cycle from O #1 or O #2?

How did you know you ovulated twice in one month? Are you going by opks or temperature shifts or other? The reason I ask is because usually if you're going to hyperovulate it will happen within a 24 hour timeframe so I would assume if you did indeed release two eggs, it most likely would have been right smack in the middle of your two dates. I would start counting the lunar cycle from then. As far as increasing your chances, if you have the hyperovulation gene, you have a higher chance of conceiving, but you'd also have a higher chance of twins.

lilmisscaviar is correct, I have had multiple ovulation many times usually from clomid and every time I have ovulated all the eggs within 36 hours of my + opk. the only way to accurately know you will ovulate more then one egg or recently did is via ultrasound , multiple + OPKs just mean it was a high LH surge which can happen with one good egg.

I'm going by a number of things. CM, cervical position, and the pattern I have of hyperovulating. My CM was EWCM on the 13th, watery the 14th, EWCM the 15th. My cervix dropped on the 14th and was high again on the 15th, then dropped again the 16th. In my family we have the hyperovulation gene as well as a history of twins, which may very well go hand in hand.

None of those things confirm ovulation though, even if it runs in ur family. The only thing that confirms single or double ovulation would be temping. Everything else only tells when ur body is trying to ovulate, not when it has ovulated

If you ovulated 2 eggs then that will naturally increase chances of conception happening and will also increase chances of twins. I have to say though, I'm not sure those signs prove ovulation happened twice. My body yoyos between ewcm, watery and lotiony during the fertile part of my cycle. It's quite common, especially if, as your signature suggests, you have irregular cycles. Often in irregular cycles with different o-days each cycle our bodies try to ovulate, but don't manage to, before trying again, which leads to fluctuating fertile symptoms. As someone already mentioned, you could only really confirm multiple ovulation through ultrasound to see how many dominant follicles you have or corpus luteums after ovulation has happened. Multiple ovulation also happens within 24 hours, as after that hormones change making further ovulation impossible, this is due to the first dominant follicle signalling for the release of progesterone after the ovum bursts out of the ovary. Progesterone prevents other follicles from developing and rupturing.

Having said all that, this doesn't mean you didn't definitely ovulate twice and your signs could indicate multiple ovulation, just that you can't know you definitely did unless confirmed by ultrasound. So if it's worrying you.. I don't know if being worried is the purpose of your post? Then I wouldn't worry about it.

Fraternal twins run in my mother's side of the family, so clearly ovulating two eggs runs in my mother's line too (don't know if I inherited that), and I often wonder if I could ovulate twice and what that might feel/seem like, I think it's only natural to wonder. I also find it fascinating that it is believed women release two eggs in 5-10% of all cycles and that many more fraternal twins are conceived than we realise, but one is miscarried very early on.

Good luck, I hope you get the answer/result you want. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->