I pay for it if i go out...

laura109

Reaction score
I feel abit down tonight. I went for a morning at a park with a pool today. Went with a friend and aunt and our 3 toddlers. Half way through the fun i felt like i could drop to the floor and had to cut our trip short. I felt frustrated that it came on when i was enjoying finally seeing my friends. Ive gone from 2-3 mile walks 2-3 times a week to barely going anywhere. I know its just pregnancy and itl hopefully settle soon but it makes me anxious. Not being able to make plans is getting to me and when i do arrange to see people for my sanity i get worried about not having a good day that day. Ive noticed on the days i feel good i do stuff then i go down hill. I am only 13 weeks so maybe its just the early weeks of pregnancy. I just want to get to that place now when you feel like you again and can start to go out abit again. Is anyone else feeling it? I always vent on here so apologies if people think its me again starting another thread lol x

Aww hun vent away. You can still make plans just maybe not such physical ones? I know it sucks having your limits suddenly change, but they have. Maybe go out for lunch or a movie or a shorter hike if you want to keep active. I'm sure your friends would understand

I'm not quite as far along as you, but the exhaustion is definitely real.

My birthday was the past week, and I almost missed my own birthday dinner because I couldn't get out of bed.

It's hard, but we just have to be gentle with ourselves. Our bodies are working really, really hard even when we feel like we're not doing anything. FX'd you feel better soon!

I know how you feel. Up until about 3 or 4 weeks ago, (I'm 22 wks 4 days currently) I never knew what my energy level was going to be. Would I go home from work and take a two hour nap, or would I actually have the energy to spend some time with my hubby! The unpredictability of it was very annoying!

I had a hard time my entire pregnancy keeping up with my pre-pregnancy self. I live on a farm and it is so hard even to get through my daily chores, plus I used to walk up to 4 miles per day. Not anymore. I'd be lucky if I can keep up with my three children. DH has been a wonderful help but I'm not the sort of person that likes help. I'd rather do it myself so it is an adjustment going from much activity to hardly any at all. I will tell you though that after you give birth when all the pregnancy weight comes off and baby starts sleeping longer periods, you will feel a ton better! It'll take some time and seems like an eternity when you're pregnant, but before you know it, you'll be looking back on it and thinking that it flew by.

Thank you for your lovely replies. You are all absolutely right. I do miss my oh, we used to watch boxsets etc at night time when dd went to bed. Ive barely seen him because i go to bed not long after he is home. Im finding the days really Long. They start between 6am-7am and little lady goes to bed at 8.30. She is a good girl i think its just hard for me feeling like our days are not consisting of much. She gets lots of garden time. An hour or 2 max of tv scattered through the day and a walk every other day just for ten minutes. Other than that its home alone. My family arnt really helpers and barely ask how i am. My parents never come to us. My mums just had a operation (hip) and even told me she was suffering alot more than i was. Although that's probably true she has people sitting with her everyday and helping her (which is absolutely how it should be) but i cant help but wish she could see how lonley i feel. I have one best friend who comes to my house. Everyone else expects me to go to them. I also feel abit ashamed of my house to invite friends over. Its so exhausting blitzing for a visit. My house is usually as tidy as it can be with a toddler but ive done nothing lately just washing hoovering and the pots.

Thanks for letting me know im not alone. I always feel like everyone else manages really well in comparison x

:hugs: have you opened up about how you feel to everyone? And nobody is judging you for the state of your house, but I hear you. I hate having people over if my house isn't tidy

Are there any playgroups close by that you can go to? I found our Tues and Thurs playgroups at the local community centre to be a godsend this pregnancy, because I can sit down for two hours and drink a coffee and talk to other adults while their children entertain my daughter. My daughter is extremely social and loves being around other kids so she leaves me alone for two hours while she plays with the other kids and I get to just sit down for a while to recharge so I have the energy to play or go for walks or to the park the rest of the day.

Are there any playgroups close by that you can go to? I found our Tues and Thurs playgroups at the local community centre to be a godsend this pregnancy, because I can sit down for two hours and drink a coffee and talk to other adults while their children entertain my daughter. My daughter is extremely social and loves being around other kids so she leaves me alone for two hours while she plays with the other kids and I get to just sit down for a while to recharge so I have the energy to play or go for walks or to the park the rest of the day.

Hiya. We used to go every tuesday but since being pregnant ive only been once. I don't particularly enjoy it unfortunately its very clicky its a wall full of perfect mums that did everything right from feeding to sleeping and they are actually quite judgemental. We overheard one of them saying things towards people who have buggies instead of slings. I go with my friend when we go but sadly ive never managed to make friends at that one and my dd just wants me to play with her lol! I will take her back there though once i feel more confident. She is starting nursery 2 mornings a week for 3 hours each time in September. I think it will really help her. It will be nice knowing she will be getting a good 3 hours of fun and hopefully can make a mess and enjoy the company of other two year olds.

Ive not really told people how i feel because my family arnt the sort to come round put the kettle on and maybe even help our for an hour, i get on fine with my mum but we don't have a close supportive relationship like many do. I found myself feeling like this in my first pregnancy. I think because I don't feel well and i don't have much support around me away from my partner i start thinking about stuff that i cant change. Usually i end up feeling angry at my family especially my parents because if they were more emotionally there for me and realise that occasionally it would be nice if they asked to take my daughter out or if my sister would come and see me after the school run on her days off as her kids school is just around the corner. I do have two very valuable friends. Usually when im feeling myself i see friends 2-3 mornings a week and then id go to my mums to visit her for a day aswell as cleaning my house and taking dd to parks etc. ive gone from all those things to maybee one walk a week with my friend and my other friend does come over most weeks.

My oh has said he will give the house a good clean this weekend but it never happens. He hoovers and chucks the toys in one corner and washes up. But im hoping we can steam the floors etc. dd had decided to smear yoghurt all over her foam mat too so that needs cleaning.

How are u all? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"