I pledge to stop hunting for spotting like a crazy person. Anyone with me?

Lues

Reaction score
Long story short. I've been TTC for two years. I tested low for progesterone (5.2) and this is my first month taking Prometrium (200 mg orally, once a day). I tend to spot every month. I know how rare implantation bleeding really is and personally, I don't want to see ANY form of spotting, especially because I normally spot anyway. Unfortunately I have seen some this month, but normally it's more substantial and definite than it has been this month.

At 7 dpo I had one TINY spot of pink when wiping. Then nothing. Shrugged that one off.

At 10dpo... I THOUGHT I saw a little brown tinge on the toilet paper. It's nothing that any normal human person would have noticed, but I inspect each wipe intently. lol. So since then I've been checking even MORE intently.

Yesterday (11dpo) there were a few times when I thought it was possible that there may have been a brown tinge as well. But so light it was hard to tell.

I am SO disappointed that I'm spotting (even though it's slight) on the prometrium. BUT I'm realizing two things:

1) While it's rare for people to "spot" before their BFP, part of that may be because most people are not holding their toilet paper about six inches from their eyes and staring intently at it. (lol!!!)

2) VERY EMBARRASSING: I'll admit it. I go so far as to actually shove the toilet paper up inside of myself to try to check for spotting. Yes. I do realize how ridiculous this is. But two years guys. Two years without a single BFP. Ya get a little nutty!

I am now realizing this could actually be irritating my cervix, and possibly even CAUSING spotting. (although I don't really see how it would cause a brown tinge on the toilet paper) But anyway.... HERE IS MY PLEDGE

I hereby pledge to STOP digging around inside my vagina thinking I'm going to find spotting that is going to make me out of the game for the month.

I pledge to remember that every woman is different, and that the ONLY thing that REALLY makes me out of the game is getting my period.

I pledge to wait at least three hours between going to the bathroom.

I pledge to be grateful for what I can. In my case, that I believe I do ovulate and that this month, the prometrium has (so far) extended my LP from 8/9 to 11 days, and maybe today will be 12.

I pledge to breath. And remind myself that statistics mean nothing.... which if anyone should know, it's someone who's been trying to get pregnant for two years!!!

Anyone with me? Got any to add?

Wow after 2years I think I'd be sectioned. It's only my second cycle of ttc and I'm already driving myself nuts, I'm literally obsessed. I too am a toilet roll inspector 🙊. Fingers crossed, I hope your new meds help you get your bfp x

I have always been a toilet paper checker, way before I was TTC, and way way before I knew what IB, DPO & CD1 was! Lol. And yesterday I did notice a tinge of pink on my toilet paper.

Last cycle I got a BFP and had no spotting during 2ww at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->