I probably shouldn't even ask this...

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
but I'm curious.
Has anyone had a MMC and still had persistent morning sickness between the loss and finding out about it?

When I had my miscarriage back in July, I never really had real morning sickness....just a queasy feeling most of the day, but I only vomited once or twice.
With this pregnancy, there's a meeting with the porcelain god almost every day. >.<

I'm just nervous because I am a week away from as far as I got with my last pregnancy. I don't have my next ultrasound until two weeks from now. I'm sure things are fine, but........nerves.

My MMC I did have a few symptoms like nausea but I wasn't sick. I think lack of symptoms was one of the signs for me that something wasn't right.

I think with you having MS and symptoms it's a good sign, try not to worry. I'm sure everything will be fine this time. x

I had horrible morning sickness for two weeks after the baby died... and nothing seemed to be wrong at all..

With my MMC, all my symptoms disappeared but I had no idea that was a bad sign. With this pregnancy I have had terrible morning sickness that has dwindled down to one or two times daily. I visited my OB yesterday and everything was good; I even heard the heartbeat! I wouldn't worry too much because I did constantly until yesterday and everything was good!

Thanks ladies. Tysia, I am so, so sorry to hear that. :( That is awful, and I'm so sorry that you had to go through it.

I'm sure things are probably fine, but it's nerve-wracking, this PAL business.

I think I've relaxed a little. I mean, especially since the reason for my last loss was chromosomal, the chances of another loss seems slim.
I still will be on pins and needles until my scan on the 29th though. I know they say that after you see a heartbeat you're usually fine, but I don't buy that statistic. And I know there's nothing magical and set in stone about week 12 either. But I sort of feel like, once I see that real baby face form and kicking little limbs in the ultrasound, I'll be able to really relax and know that there really is a baby growing in there.

I've talked to a bunch of people in real life that have said, with all honesty, that they miscarried their first pregnancy, but then were not nervous the second and subsequent times around.
I wish I could be so entirely confident. I'm trying!

how did they manage not to be nervous the second time? how I wish I could be like that... I am unable to relax... and I am only 6 weeks pregnant.... i also have my first scan on the 29th, but ill be only 7 +4 then...

did those so-called not nervous ladies have their babies? because, and although I am 25wks+1, am still anxious and worried and will be until little one is safely in my arms in mid-February!

as for your question, I continued with morning/evening sickness for another two weeks, along with blue veins in breasts, etc., and I thought it was the cruellest thing ever -- sadly, the blue veins came every single month after that, giving me false hope every single month that I was pregnant again, sigh...for over a year, and when I was, figured it was the flu....

please try and relax, if possible -- fingers crossed for next scan!

best wishes

Yeah with my losses, I continued to have morning sickness, and an extreme metallic taste in my mouth all the time, but that was because everything was developing normally in there, except baby, e.g yolk sac and later the placenta, yet baby had stopped growing so I was still getting all the hormones.

The only difference this time, is that the morning sickness was 1o times worse and that reassured me a little more that this baby was growing and her little heart was beating.

If your last loss was chromosonal, then I'm sure you'll be fine, but I completely understand your concern! x

Kahlua - with my losses I lost all symptoms and I knew down deep inside that something was wrong. don't worry about stressing. I think its normal after the losses. You start really reading into every little thing. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just relax and everything would work out fine!!!??

Good luck! :hugs:

Personally, I would like a screen down there (clear skin?), so I could just look down and see all is well!

Kahlua - with my losses I lost all symptoms and I knew down deep inside that something was wrong. don't worry about stressing. I think its normal after the losses. You start really reading into every little thing. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just relax and everything would work out fine!!!??

Good luck! :hugs:

With mine - I think in hindsight I knew things were "wrong" right from the start. I never ever had dreams of going into labour, or holding the baby, or anything - the only dreams I had were of going into the scan and hearing "your baby's gone" (which is pretty much just exactly what happened). In hindsight also, my symptoms (not that I had many - I seem to not get sickness at all) vanished completely around the same mark that the pregnancy failed - I remember having a mild flip-out because hubby wouldn't understand my boobs weren't hurting anymore and didn't think it was a problem around 6 weeks... the pregnancy failed at 6+4.

This time, what I'm hanging onto is the fact that I can "see" the end in my mind and have done quite clearly from the start - well, that and the fact I've had umpteen scans that have all been normal... and the fact that whatever anyone says about it being too early for a first pregnancy (13 and a half weeks) I'm POSITIVE I've felt movements the last few days and it definitely wasn't trapped wind... doesn't mean that when I got called down to go for my scan last week I didn't start shaking and sobbing mind you!

What helped somewhat in the very early stages of this one was me logging every single pregnancy symptom during the day... so when I had the "oh heck boobs not sore... prod...prod... prod... poke 'em till they are" terror moments - I could look back and see two days before I'd written "boobs not sore - scared!" followed later that day by "they got sore at teatime" and not flip out as much (like I say - I didn't get many symptoms other than ye olde boob-o-meter).

I've often commented it would be easier if they just fitted a TV screen or CCTV in there as well myself - I'd say it gets easier after 12 weeks - it doesn't - we've actually dared start go shopping for baby stuff (the hat we bought makes me sob - and panic!), but both me and hubby are trying to reconcile the fact we're out of the worst of the woods with the total loss of innocence about the fact that two lines on a test = baby because we know it doesn't always. The best way I can find to describe it is that someone stole all the "whens" (when the baby comes) and replaced them with "ifs" (if it all works out) - and it's horrid and I do get so mad at the thought of all these ladies who just breeze through first pregnancy to baby after a couple of months of trying, yet we went to hell and back with years of infertility followed by miscarriages and still aren't 100% there yet!

I think lack of symptoms was one of the signs for me that something wasn't right.

We had a MC last November and the only reason that we found out was that we couldn't find a HB at our 14 week appt. I was still sick and everything. It was a really terrible situation, something that I never want to go through again... So much so that if this second pregnancy turns out a healthy baby, I like won't tempt fate again.

I take it one day at a time -- I am a little more 'relaxed' as I can feel the baby move, and every day is a bonus but it's not easy as well.......(if that makes sense???), but when people ask me if I am excited, I say, 'somewhat'...

best wishes

I never had any morning sickness with my MMC pregnancy. Looking back on it I should have seen it as a sign. However in a cruel twist in the 6 months afterwards I would get awful 'morning sickness' a couple of days before my period was due. I used to get my hopes up thinking I was expecting again.

However with this pregnancy I am 24 weeks and still experiencing sickness most days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->