I quit sugar

missk1989

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I really want to have a go as i am totally dependant on sugar but there is so much of it in the house that needs eating right now :blush: It seems totally doable and a really relaxed approach on removing fructose from your diet.

I DID!!!!!!!! Back a few months ago. Initially it was difficult. But then afterwards I stopped craving the stuff, I would see a chocolate bar and not want it!
But since uni deadlines I have fallen back into the sugar trap. And I feel like I need it to keep me going through the day.
I'm hoping in a few days I can go on a sugar cold-turkey diet!

Because tbh, I feel much healthier and energetic when I'm not filling my mouth with sugar! Plus my dentist will stop shouting at me!

ETA: I actually think I'm eating more sugar now than I did before I attempted to quit sugar :dohh: So definitely need to focus again (once my final assignment is in!!)

I would like to. For me sugar is incredibly addictive and not a good thing to have. I feel much better when I eat less, I've never given up completely though.

We should start a "QUIT SUGAR" group together..... ok or at least a limit sugar group!!! :haha:

I did this, I made it 8 days! Was definitely easier after day 3...

I read a study a while back that sugar is actually more addictive than cocaine. Good grief, heaven help me...

I did but I fell off the wagon :(. My problem is that when there is any in the house i just can't stop myself from eating it. I seriously have no willpower. I really need to cut it out though, would love a little BnB sugar adicts annonymous group :)

I keep trying to! :haha:

For me- I have to have some "treats" or sweets in order to forgo processes sugar. I use coconut palm sugar instead and make my own chocolate bars and cookes etc... I feel better with it than any type of processes sugar. I don't think I could (would want to) give it ALL up though!

I'm back on the wagon this week- for me the first few days of processed sugar are the hardest. Like detox! Then I feel better and the un-processes sugar alternatives aren't AS addictive ;) But ONE slip- and I'm an addict again... it's HARD! I've done SO much health wise- and I will say this is the hardest for me personally.

Lets do it ladies! I am starting with cutting down sugar for a couple of weeks and then will take the jump. Im not going to be super strict about sugar in general just fructose, glucose is okay in moderate amounts. My first step is to cut out soft drinks and hot chocolate and replace them with herbal tea and to switch to low fructose fruits like satsumas and kiwi instead of bananas and apples. Im actually excited about it!

If anyone is interested- here is a clean eating site with loads of great recipe ideas. Clean eating is just cutting out anything processed or un-natural. I'm not doing it 100%- but as often as I can :) Sugar is tough- but when I'm eating more natural, it's easier. I just NEED to get back on track!!! lol

https://www.thegraciouspantry.com/recipe-index/

I did but I fell off the wagon :(. My problem is that when there is any in the house i just can't stop myself from eating it. I seriously have no willpower. I really need to cut it out though, would love a little BnB sugar adicts annonymous group :)

This is me too. I am much much better if there is none in the house. Even if there is a fun size mars or something, the next day there would be two and then three!! It just doesn't work.
I would defo be interested in a group!

Kind of keen to join in here.. not 100 percent sure yet but subscribing!

Kind of keen to join in here.. not 100 percent sure yet but subscribing!

:haha: Stick with us! Ive started today and so far iv only had a single piece of chocolate. I did that by accident when making lunch. Its so easy to do. This requires conscious choices and would be very easy to lapse. I have so many bits of chocolate left from easter and we have a costa at work where i usually have hot chocolate so i dont think i have done too bad. Im trying to fill up with fats instead but we dont have any in the house :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->