I really cant handle it :(

hi - just reading this thread and felt like i had to reply.
Its an awful feeling, i used to wake dreading another day - bet like everyone else has said it really does get better. There is no real set routine for a new born they need time to get into a routine that you teach them, but it will happen.
Everyone is different but how i dealt with it was try and stimulate baby during the day try and stick to 3 hour feeds, then at night have bath feed and bed. No stimulation during the night just fed and change (if needed). Also i used colic drops before feeds incase that was a factor...
I dont know anyone that has an easy time of it the first few weeks - you are not alone.

I do hope things have got better for u since your last post. But anyway just wanted to try and help in any way i could as i remember that feeling all to clearly

xx

I just saw this, the first few weeks are hard on everyone.

Definately stick to one type of formula... At his age I was putting Jasmine in her crib around 10-11pm, I would give her a feed and change then, no matter when the last feed and change was and then id get her into bed...

I did not change her in the night when she woke up and I was able to leave her in her cirb with her dummy while I got her feed.... you have to make night as boring and dark as you can so they learn that night is for sleeping.

I'd stick with one formula as well, switching can upset their little tummies :hugs:

You are not alone as everyone has said. The first six weeks are tough!! It does get better though, really it does :hugs:

I cant give much advice to you as a mum...cos well, you know....

But a few things i've noted after having two girls. My ex walked out on me when my eldest was 2 weeks old and literally left me holding the baby. Its a long story, and its not really important now, but it has given me a greater insight in to what new mothers face.

1. Try and think how your baby thinks. What are your babies need at the moment? Pretty much everything is centered around feeding at this young age.
2. Your baby needs time to get to know you, and you need time to get to know your baby. Its not about you being a bad mother. Its about adapting and the two of you developing an understanding. That takes time.
3. Your baby can be a mirror of your own emotional state. Baby knows when you are distressed and that will make him distressed. Stay calm. Dont be frightened to put him down and take a step back if you reach the end of your tether.
4. Get plenty of skin to skin contact with him. Both my girls were very tactile.
5. Have you tried swaddling your baby? Both my girls slept very well right from the start. The only thing I can account that to is swaddling. Remember they are used to being in a very close snug environment.

Not sure its any help to you, but those are my thought anyway. And yes, your OH needs a smack in the chops if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->