I really need your opinion.

tu123

Reaction score
Hi folks. I keep posting but i getting myself worked up. You know how it is!

I started getting negative pregnancy tests (after my MC) so started taking OPKs. When i got a positive OPK we DTD and 8/9 days later i have had a few positives, albeit very faint on the cheapies and this one on first response as you can see below.

Is it not too early to get a positive? Is this hcg still hanging around from my MC? Maybe i should have waited longer to check the previous pregnancy tests. I checked them after three mins then dumped them-maybe something would have shown if i waited a few mins longer After i thought i was getting negatives i started using OPKs.

I thnk i am still being duped by my MC but dont understand why i am getting a positive so early.

Attachments

• P1000887.jpg
    P1000887.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 6,102
That is a strong line on ur test, when I got one on a FR in may it wasn't that strong at all. Unfortunately I had a mc at the start of July.

How long ago was ur mc? If u were getting neg hpt I would suspect that this is a new pregnancy. No sure about the dates though! Although I know some people have had pos hpt as early as 9dpo!

Maybe u should ask ur doc to do blood hcg tests for u. Good luck Hun xx

It's early but not too early. Are you sure you had negative HPTs after the mc? Did you ever get a beta test after your mc to see how much HCG you had in your system? That would help you decipher what is going on.

I know that the day I started bleeding with my last mc my HCG was 3 so anything higher than that in my system would have to mean a new pregnancy. Hope that helps.

Thanks guys. I think i'll go to the gp if no change after a week.

It was confirmed as a complete MC July 5th by TV ultrasound but i got positive HPTs for a week after, then negatives, then a positive OPK.

SOUNDS okay but i really feel this is a stab in the dark:nope:

I know i am being unrealistic as this MC was a BO that didnt pass till past 12 weeks, just that i found out i was 5.5 weeks pregnant with my daughter excatly 6 weeks after a MC in 2010.

I think il just keep taking OPKs and wait for AF!

I dont know. If you were getting negative HPT's it is very likely that that is infact a BFP! I mc at 16w3d, and resumed my periods 5 weeks on the dot, it is very likely that you are pregnant. I would keep testing, if you are still getting positive HPT's then I say a congratulations is in order!! GL!! Fingers crossed for you!!!

I dont know. If you were getting negative HPT's it is very likely that that is infact a BFP! I mc at 16w3d, and resumed my periods 5 weeks on the dot, it is very likely that you are pregnant. I would keep testing, if you are still getting positive HPT's then I say a congratulations is in order!! GL!! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Thanks hun. Good to hear. But sorry for your loss. That was a late MC you had:cry: Did they find any cause?

i sorta feel like youre pregnant to be honest!! i know its early and kinda strange, but perhaps you ovulated sooner than you thought? or ovulated more than once? i just dont see why youd get several negative prego tests and then all of the sudden get a strong positive if it was leftovers. ahhh im so excited for you! i hope this is it!!!!

I would guess it is a true positive....looks like a pretty solid line to me! I guess the best thing to do would be to see a doc and get some bloodwork done?

I hope it's your BFP!

That looks a pretty dark line to say you have had BFNs previously, hoping AF stays away and it turns out to be a BFP :thumbup:

If after your miscarriage you got negitives then you got a positive after dtd id say your preggers congrats

Thanks guys. I wont believe it tho until next monday-another week! My GP wont do bloods. He cant be bothered. I might pay for two privately.

Thank you for your help:thumbup:

OMG Tu, that is insane! I would definately pay privately to get my bloods done. Doctors can be so frustrating. Better to know for sure don't you think?

OMG Tu, that is insane! I would definately pay privately to get my bloods done. Doctors can be so frustrating. Better to know for sure don't you think?

I know! Despite all my MCs, he thinks "if you are pregnant you are pregnant!" I can do early pregnancy scans and where i used to work i was doing them to myself all the time when i was pregnant with my daughter. Dont have that now. Shame!

I know! Despite all my MCs, he thinks "if you are pregnant you are pregnant!" I can do early pregnancy scans and where i used to work i was doing them to myself all the time when i was pregnant with my daughter. Dont have that now. Shame!

WOW, I don't get it. With your history it is much more than warranted, it sounds necessary. Can you just go to an urgent care center or something? I know that when I was pregnant with my last son I was freaking out all the time because of all my previous miscarriages. I wanted scans all the time, the more the merrier lol.

My solution? I saw two OB/GYNs to have more scans lol. Sneaky but it worked! I just paid the extra co-pays, no problem. So could you go see another dr. in the meantime?

WOW, I don't get it. With your history it is much more than warranted, it sounds necessary. Can you just go to an urgent care center or something? I know that when I was pregnant with my last son I was freaking out all the time because of all my previous miscarriages. I wanted scans all the time, the more the merrier lol.

My solution? I saw two OB/GYNs to have more scans lol. Sneaky but it worked! I just paid the extra co-pays, no problem. So could you go see another dr. in the meantime?

Yes-not all GPs in the UK are very helpful! You see, if he sends me for bloods it comes out of his budget. Thus, he would rather wait, despite my history. I am investigating on line today for the cheapest centre to get my bloods done privately!

It is such a strong line ........ :)
Hope you get 'confirmed' good news on Monday!

Here in the states it would cost around $40-$60 at most labs so it's not much at all. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->