I reeeeally want to eat my shampoo :/

jools21

Reaction score
:wacko:
I have been craving it for 3 weeks now and its driving me mad! anyone else having weird cravings?!

Wow!! What is it about the shampoo that makes you crave it in that way? The creamy texture??

Sorry i have nothing more to add - i grave the boring usual things, sweets and savory. xx

I havent had any cravings yet :( would love some though !

Is it the texture or the smell of it that makes you crave it ? since being pregnant hubby has been buying me strawberry and cream shampoo! its loooovely ! x

Its called Pica. Not uncommon as you think, shampoo and soap bubbles are a favourite of mine too. Not the actual shampoo, just the lather.

The sides of matchboxes too, I have to lick those.
The glue bit on envelopes, especially brown envelopes.
Cranberry sauce and red bull are more normal cravings.

My mum had this when she was preggy with me she used to suck soap from a wash cloth

With my 2nd pregnancy i used to eat baby talcum powder but it was the bedtime talc the one in the purple bottle, i used to rub it into my teeth and bite it :S lol

its the smell that gets me, i've been lathering it up in my hands and sucking the smell in through my mouth. I thought I was home alone yesterday and I wasn't and my mum caught me, now my shampoo has vanished haha

taste some and it might make you change your mind! haha xx

i thought i was the only one having the urge to eat strange things, mine is bubbles, washing up or batth bubbles if i could eat them i would! lol

i really don’t think it will taste as nice as it smells hun!!! I’ve had nothing that weird, just normal ones like pickled onions and eating tomatoes like apples (8 in one go was my record for this)!

The smell of a bath running or flowers. Both good enough to eat!

I only read your topic, no replies ... but it made me wanna reply and say; don't do it!!! lol

I crave the smell of laundry soap :) I do laundry almost everyday to get my fix lol :)

I ate shampoo once, it was Original Mint Source and i wanted to see if it tasted minty. It didn't. It tasted like shampoo. I wasn't pregnant or anything though.

I ate washing up liquid bubbles once as well, but that was just to amuse my baby sister.

I appreciate that you now all think I'm a weirdo. You're probably right.

With my 2nd pregnancy i used to eat baby talcum powder but it was the bedtime talc the one in the purple bottle, i used to rub it into my teeth and bite it :S lol

:haha:That's just too funny.

When I was about 12 weeks I used to sniff bottles of shower gel as it was just soooo lovely I couldn't get enough of it. I didn't want to eat it though!

On a serious note, I recall reading somewhere that craving soap and stuff is linked to iron deficiency.

On a serious note, I recall reading somewhere that craving soap and stuff is linked to iron deficiency.

I was just going to say this too. Pica can be just one of those things, and nobody knows why you get it, or you might have a deficiency in iron. Might be best to chat to your midwife. Either way, it's a good one to tell your LO when they're older!

It is Pica and that is absolutely a deffiecency in iron. Other things people crave include chalk, dust and powder. You need to talk to your doctor or midwife about it. A simple iron pill should really help.

Tell your doctor this is a sign of Pica, which can cause issues but normally means ur missing out on something :) So let your doctor know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->