I swole up like a blimp!

southerngal2

Reaction score
My ankles, feet, and legs are huge! I can't even see my ankle bones. And I can't put my shoes on!

I called my Dr because it came on all of a sudden and she wants to see me in the morning.

Anyone else already swelling up?

I'm not quite that bad but my legs are usually very swollen by the end of the day. I'm a little worried about it as I'm on 17 weeks pregnant. What am I going to look like a few months from now?!!!

Good luck with your doctors appointment tomorrow!

My feet and ankles have been swollen since 15 weeks! Some is due to the heat out here but even when I went back to a very cold Europe at Christmas they didn't go down. My OB/Gyn isn't worried as my BP is fine. I think I just have a lot of water retention and there isn't much I can do about it.

Walking on the treadmill and trying to put my feet up when sat down has helped a bit.

Mine's here to stay till the end!:wacko:

You will all need to watch that. You shouldn't randomly start swelling like that and not until much later in your pregnancy. Could be an early sign of pre-pre-eclampsia. If you have a desk job you should be wearing compression socks, and taking regular walks after work, its not good to have excess fluid pooling around your lower limbs!

oh boy....definately get that checked out asap...maybe you have very high blood pressure causing water retention. Let us know what the Dr. Says! GL xx

Just got back from the Dr. She said my blood pressure is fine. That's good!
But wants to check out some other things because I was so swollen, and also gained 5 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks!
So I've got to go for some blood work and I have to do a 24 hour urine/protein test. She's thinking maybe pre-pre-eclampsia. If so we will have to watch it closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->