I think I belong here now!

Reaction score
Me and OH have finally had enough of finding every excuse under the sun to put this off and we have finally decided to try for a baby!!

We are now the only ones in our family and circle of friends without children and we have started to just feel incomplete and like there is something missing so we're going for it!

I came off the pill 3 months ago (not because of TTC) and have had regularish periods since - we're taking quite a relaxed approach to it, we're not preventing it but not planning whens best to BD or anything - I think we'll give it 6 months and if nothings happened then we may start to time it correctly etc.

Sorry for the rambling just so excited and dont want to tell anyone IRL that we're TTC so its nice to let it all out!

Hi jellymummy, welcome!

We're in quite similar situations! 3 months off the pill for me too with regular AF, and not yet properly TTC like timing BD etc (though I lean that way sometimes, OH is happy to take it casually though :haha: )

It's great when you've finally made that decision isn't it? Good luck and I hope you're not waiting too long for your BFP! :thumbup:

Hi jellymummy, welcome!

We're in quite similar situations! 3 months off the pill for me too with regular AF, and not yet properly TTC like timing BD etc (though I lean that way sometimes, OH is happy to take it casually though :haha: )

It's great when you've finally made that decision isn't it? Good luck and I hope you're not waiting too long for your BFP! :thumbup:

Ooh yes very similar, I am already thinking about right times etc but OH wants to be very casual about it too and not get stressed about it so I'm blocking it out at the minute! I am really scared about money and things like that but as OH says there will always be a reason not to have a baby right now but we won't be thinking those reasons when we've got the baby that we want so much - no ones life situation is ever perfect is it and generally we're quite stable life wise.

Lets hope we both get BFP's soon!!

I hope you don't have to wait too long for your bfp : ) I reckon that it can really be a passion killer if your partner knows that you are DTD to make a baby so even if you do start tracking your cycles, my advice is to never let it be known that you are ovulating.

I agree nov_mum - my OH knows nothing about how the menstrual cycle works and he's said he'd rather just get on with it and not know! I'd hate for him to get performance anxiety at ov time. :haha:

I think that is what OH is really worried about - that if he knows he has to do it and do it well lol because I'm ov then he doesn't want to let me down. I'm going to really try and just not think about all that stuff for a while but I think if nothings happened by xmas then ill start monitoring it

I saw a thread about the psychic aimee thing - I'm quite curious to do one just for fun to see if it turns out right or do you all think it'll drive me mad?!

I wouldn't get a reading, it'll just drive you mad (and if it's wrong, as they are a lot of the time, it'll depress you - psychics get the same amount right as a person would guessing randomly). I don't give money to charlatans but I think I'm on the minority on BnB! It's your money though! :D

I agree, don't stress for now and if nothing happens after a few months look at things more closely. :thumbup:

Aww congrats on deciding to have a baby :) I hope it all works out for you, im now NTNP after my MC 2 weeks ago, and feeling pretty relaxed about the whole thing.. This way is defo better in my eyes, atleast you dont have to deal with the trying to get pregnant stress :) x

Hmm I agree, I wouldn't pay money for a psychic reading. I went once, just to see what it was like & it was part guess-work & part v obvious stuff (you've been hurt by a man before - what girl hasnt?!) but I have no problem with other people doing it. But anyway, welcome to NTNP!! I've been off the pill for 3 months too, but I'm not able to BD during my fertile times at the mo, as OH works away & hasn't been around, so I'm super relaxed about it all. There's no point stressing about what I can't change! Although, ask me that in 6-12 months time :haha:

I don't think I'll get one then - another friend of mine had her baby this afternoon - does everyone else feel like they're surrounded by babies and pregnant women as soon as they start TTC or is it just my bad luck lol?!

Ooh no you're right, they are EVERYWHERE! As soon as you start thinking about it, they just keep appearing! Don't let anyone put you off getting a reading if you want one, you never know & its your money not ours! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->