I think I have ovulated but no BBT rise ....?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by thesmiths88, May 18, 2009.

1. thesmiths88

thesmiths88 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies!

And hurrah! My temp has gone up this morning to 36.5 which apparently is a post-ovulation temp so I think I did ovulate, even tho it was quite late!

2. Sue Dunhym

Sue Dunhym Mum of 1

I got a rise this morning too. BUT that may have been because I had a couple of pints last night and it was particularly warm in my bedroom this morning. So I'm not going to get my hopes up unless there's a rise tomorrow too.

3. thesmiths88

Fingers crossed for a high temp tomorrow for you! x

4. stardusty

stardusty Well-Known Member

Excellent News ! :happydance:

Hope it stays up now !! fx for you :)

5. Luuluu

Luuluu Well-Known Member

I've been charting for the first time this month and I am in the same position except my temps are REALLY low. I saw the rise, then it massively dropped and lookes pretty similar to yours, although mine ranges from 34-35Celcius. It's not a thyroid thing as I've already had that tested - apparently it's because I sleep with my mouth open!
    Maybe, the mornings when you had low BBT, you slept with your mouth open therefore disguising the shift to constant high temps?! Just a thought.

Wishing you lots of luck and hope you get your :bfp:

6. Sue Dunhym

Sue Dunhym Mum of 1

Did your rise continue today thesmiths?

Unfortunately mine didn't, it's straight back down, so it's an anovulatory month. Ah well.

7. Mrs_N

Mrs_N New mummy

8. FBbaby

FBbaby ttc our Little Prince

Thesmiths88, I think from looking at your chart that you might very well have ovulated on CD21. The increase in temp is not always sudden, it can be gradual over a few days. It is also common for a dip on the actual day of ovulation. I think it tomorrow temp goes up a bit more, and same the day after, you can consider ov did take place on cd21, which would confirm the result of the test

9. thesmiths88

Aw sorry to hear that :-(
    Well it didn't rise, it stayed the same at 36.5 so assuming that is okay!?

10. thesmiths88

Thanks for that! I hope I did ....
    My temp today was the same as yesterday 36.5 but that is the same as 97.7 which is the minimum it should be after ovulation. Hopefully tomorrow it will be a bit higher!

11. Sue Dunhym

Sue Dunhym Mum of 1

If it didn't go down, then that's good news :)

12. thesmiths88

Oh good! I have been trying to compare my chart to others on Fertility Friend - it looks like some people ovulate and still have temps lower than mine so thats okay! Fingers crossed for your temp rise tomorrow xx

13. emily231110

emily231110 New Member

i have used ovulation tests for 7days now and they showed up negative and my body temputure was normal but now it has raised. my period started on the 20Th of November 2011 and its now the 3rd of december 201, so that means im on day 14. has my ovulation day gone already or is this normal??????????? plz some1 help........

14. emily231110

emily231110 New Member

i have used ovulation tests for 7days now and they showed up negative and my body temputure was normal but now it has raised. my period started on the 20Th of November 2011 and its now the 3rd of december 201, so that means im on day 14. has my ovulation day gone already or is this normal??????????? plz some1 help as i have done ovulation tests and they said no........