I think I have seriously overdosed on caffeine and I'm really scared :(

DoodleDoo

Reaction score
I'm such an idiot. This evening I drank two cups of tea thinking that they were decaff when they weren''t. I only realised this after taking two paracetamol containing caffeine. Also, I drank a bottle of coke before all of this (I limit myself to one a day as it helps with my sickness).

I'm now lying in bed at quarter to one in the morning, totally wired, my heart is racing and if that's happening to me, how is it affecting my baby? :nope:

I feel terrible. I've been so so careful about avoiding caffeine and I've just had a total moron moment. Has anyone else done this and gone on to be fine? Please don't judge me for my stupidity.

My first pregnancy I craved Pepsi towards the end...drank huge tall cups of it plus started my day with a massive tea. I don't do decaf tea. Never have. U r lil one will be just fine <3

:hugs: LO will be fine. I had a few weeks where I was drinking 4-5 cups of tea a day, not thinking about the caffeine. I finally realized what I was doing and cut it out -- and baby's doing perfectly! Everything will be okay, promise.

Thanks for the reassurance girls. I think I just got scared because I have really low caffeine tolerance and it's really made my heart race. It made me worry if baby's could cope!

I'm drinking loads of water and I think that's helping a little :) I'm glad to hear that everything was fine with you girls.

Sure! I don't really believe in all the so called food/beverage rules. I pretty much just use moderation. Water is great to flush out anything. Best of luck xx

The night before I found out I was pregnant I was on a night shift and drank a whole litre bottle of Mountain Dew and some supermarket brand energy drink! lol! Now I drink coke cause it helps with my nausea! Don't worry, some people don't find out they're pregnant until after the first tri so do all sorts and have healthy babies :)

Don't worry, it'll be fine. Drink plenty of water for the next few days!

I haven't had this experience myself, but I know my mom drank Pepsi like it was water when she was pregnant with me. My first word (besides mama) WAS Pepsi. I turned out just fine, and am now pregnant with my first so I wouldn't worry too much about one slip. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->