• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i THINK im having twins!, what was your experience?.

enepsigos

mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Iam 7 weeks pregnant and im showing already! its quite a bump and my trousers are getting really tight! ive had a few pregnancies in the past and i havent shown this early before ever! and i was quite skinny back then but im around 10st now and im 5ft 6 (dont know if that info helped lol)
i had a dream i was expecting triplets and when they was born i had 2 girls and 1 boy but the boy died, which was a really disturbing dream!!!
im suffering with bad all day neusea and heart burn at the same time, ive never suffered with any of them with my previous pregnancies, im so tired all the time and could sleep all day and i just dont have any energy.
ive just got this sinking feeling that wont go away that im carrying twins or triplets, i have no history of twins on my side but my husbands mum was a twin herself...
what was your expierience of carrying twins early on? did you know before the scan detected it? what symtoms did you get?
any advice muchly appreciated xx

Hi
I didn't show any earlier in my twin pregnancy than with my singletons. I did put more weight on towards the end with the twins though. I was still in my normal jeans till about 20 weeks pregnant.
I was very ill from about 6 - 7 weeks. I wasn't sick but felt very sick, had no appetite and felt extremely dizzy. I also just had a feeling that something was different with this pregnancy. The feeling was enough for me to pay for a private scan at 9 weeks and there both babies were. I did start to feel much better around week 14. x

im having another scan on wednesday so we shall see hopefully, xx

I didnt show any earlier either with my twins, had 100% NO inkling until they scanned me at 13 weeks and found two babies kicking away happy as larry!!

I am not having any symptoms at all, and I am 6 weeks along with twins. I thought I might ave twins by the higher HCG levels.

I felt really sick and tired but was no bigger really than normal. It was a big shock at 12 wks to see 2!!!! I did pop out over the next 2 weeks tho lol and I am huge already at 18 weeks!!!! Good luck at your scan:hugs:

I felt really sick and very tired and also bloated by the end of the day but i am not showing yet. I thought i was so tired because i am an 'older' mum lol (38)

My friend has has three previous pregnancies - one she aborted as a teenager, one she mc'd at 8wks and her ds. She is currently pregnant and was showing within 6wks this time as everything had been stretched previously. Showing early doesn't automatically mean twins. Sorry but you won't know until you're scanned

I just had a "feeling" that it was going to be twins. DH and I joked about it. And my hcg, although it was low @10dpIUI:20 and @14dpIUI 157. But on 14dpIUI I had 2 beta's because the military and fertility center wouldnt take each others results. So the 2 test results were about 40 min apart. The second beta on 14dpIUI was 179! So it went up 22 points in 40 mins!! I was starving!! ALL. THE. TIME, and so sooo tired!! No big difference with morning sickness (knock on wood!!) A few bouts of nausea but haven't spilled mah cookies yet!!

But then had our first scan @5+4 and one pretty lil sac and yolk.

...Then next scan @7+5... 2 Babies!! 2 Heartbeats!!

Also, yes very poochy!! Now at 8 weeks I look about 11-12 weeks (equivalent of my first, which I also showed early with)

I also 'felt' that I was having twins. I grew out of regular jeans around 5-6 weeks, and this is my first! And by 9 weeks I had put on around 3 kg. And twins run in the family.

When we went for our 12 week scan, we asked the tech to check in case there was a second baby in there but nope, just the one, very active little sproglet!

ive just had a scan at 7 weeks 4 days and theres only 1 baby!!! which im totally over the moon about, thanks for all your advice and taking the time to reply xx

At least there is one in there!! Hope your 9 months are magical :)

I did not get bigger faster in fact I was in my normal clothes until about 20 weeks then I started to get HUGE!!! I did feel a lot different though I was super sick ALL the time and slept more then I ever had before. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had no morning sickness no nothing!!! So at first I thought I was just gonna have a boy. When I went for the ultra sound to find out the sex of my baby I found out that not only was I having a boy.. But there was an extra boy in there too!!!! I guess he was hiding in the other 2 ultra sounds!!!!!!

ive just had a scan at 7 weeks 4 days and theres only 1 baby!!! which im totally over the moon about, thanks for all your advice and taking the time to reply xx

i wil probably be the same...so far i am not shoing at all and i usually do with my previous pregnancies...all i can hope for is that it is a pink bean hence delicate and little..lol

but god is welcome to bless me with two pnk beans anytime....:)

Hi everyone, Arj has already helped me a bit with this but I am wondering if any of you can too and I hope this helps you in some way Enepsigos.
I am pregnant off a monitored Clomid cycle but I know I ovulated 2 eggs as I saw them on the scan. As you can see I have had 4 unexplained mc's and I don't usually need Clomid to get pregnant, my doc was just giving me a boost. I don't know if there are 2 in there obviously as it's too early.
I have no sickness or boob pain at all (maybe just a few pangs now and again). My pregnancy tests seem to be developing normally - not majorly dark or anything. Did any of you twin mummies get very sore boobs / sickness at 4 weeks? I only have bloatedness, extreme tiredness and hunger! Thanks everyone and good luck with your pregnancies :flower:

I just looked back in my journal Filipenko32 and at 12dpo i described my boobs as 'being on fire' and i said i felt queasy and soooo tired, so for me the symptoms were there right at the beginning before my missed period date.

Thanks dee, :hugs: hope everything is going well with you! At the rate i am going ill be lucky enough to have one healthy one!! Xx

Hi everyone, Arj has already helped me a bit with this but I am wondering if any of you can too and I hope this helps you in some way Enepsigos.
I am pregnant off a monitored Clomid cycle but I know I ovulated 2 eggs as I saw them on the scan. As you can see I have had 4 unexplained mc's and I don't usually need Clomid to get pregnant, my doc was just giving me a boost. I don't know if there are 2 in there obviously as it's too early.
I have no sickness or boob pain at all (maybe just a few pangs now and again). My pregnancy tests seem to be developing normally - not majorly dark or anything. Did any of you twin mummies get very sore boobs / sickness at 4 weeks? I only have bloatedness, extreme tiredness and hunger! Thanks everyone and good luck with your pregnancies :flower:

I have only had maybe 3 times of nausea, and nothing bad. Boobs were sore to the touch/bouncing/etc but never just a throbbing or anything. I didn't notice my sticks getting super dark or anything. But. I. Was. Starving. I ate EVERYYYYYTHING!! Just a hunger I couldn't supress... and still can't!! And so so soooo tired. But I have a lot going on right now (5 year old boy who is rambunctious, house for sale-so have to keep super clean and yard impeccable, hubby and I are both in the military and he just got stationed at a different base, so I'm all by myself) So I wasn't suprised I was tired. But it was hard to make it through the day. The clomid does help make it stick! I have low progestone and have had a bunch of chemicals. When they upped my clomid this last round to 150mg... it kicked my progesterone up too! Or maybe it was the 2 corpus luteums :shrug: My first beta was only 20, so I wasn't thinking twins. Hell I was hoping 1 would stick at that time!!! My second (4 days later) was 157. But I had to have one at the RE's office and one at the base cause they wont take each others labs... they were 40 min apart and the second one was 179!! so it jumped 22 in 40 min! I started to think twins right then, cause the doubling time was so quick! But first u/s only one sac and yolk, second u/s 2 babies, 2 heartbeats!!

I should have said though that everyone is different and not everyone has the same symptoms of things - good luck hun - i have a feeling this is your rainbow baby (or babies) :hugs:

Aww thanks brittles :hugs: that's very kind of you to reply. Hmmm thinking I may have some hope now! Arj was saying her betas were low in the beginning too and she was hoping hers would stick! Just shows how everyone really is different! Gosh you poor thing having all that on as well no wonder you are/were tired!! Yes I think 2 corpus Luteums would punp out more progesterone so that would probably add to the tiredness too. When does your hubby get back? Wishing you a healthy and happy nine months!! :cloud9: and thanks again! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->