I think I'm in early labor..

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I have been having painful contractions all day but not getting more painful though they are consistent for the most part.. Called my midwife on call and she said it sounds like I'm having a long early labor, which I did not have with my first son.. with him it just started, got worse, and he was out in 12 hours.

Anybody have any tips on speeding this part of labor up? I'm on the ball right now..should I bounce or do circles? any other ideas?

Thanks!

Good luck hun, have a nice warm.bath and stay active lots of walking/ bouncing if you have a ball x

Thank you! The bath seems to have gotten my contractions to pick up, it was so nice and relaxing..more bouncing now.. I really hope this boy doesn't keep us waiting much longer!

With my first, I walked around my house in circles for HOURS lol (it was winter and cold out!) and that seemed to help! I also had a few cups of raspberry leaf tea while I was walking around. Good luck!!

Walk walk walk!
I bounced on my ball for hours in early labour and nothing changed - then I went for a walk around the supermarket and finally happened!

Could also do stairs if you have them - normally and 'sidestepping' them one at a time; that makes your pelvis 'rock' and helps get babies head down onto the cervix.

Good luck..!!

What I did was walk up and down stairs for a couple of hours.. deffinetley worked for me xxx

Thank you all! I can't believe after all I was feeling I am STILL pregnant!! My midwife says as irritating as it is its really good for me and baby and labor.. but I just want this boy out :( I should really try the stairs..we have them outside our apartment. Today was less crampy though :/

Booo hope it means you were dilating though! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->