I think my daughter's trying to tell me something

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
I've had three dreams about giving birth to her my entire pregnancy. I'll be 28 weeks on Wednesday. I posted last week that after gaining 16lbs in less than a month, I was giving up on my VBAC and scheduling a csection because the weight gain and higher blood pressure I had were the same signs I had with my son, at the same gestational onset, and it ended up leading to a very traumatic emergency csection that almost took my son's life. I've also had a great fear my entire pregnancy, likely because of the PTSD and nightmares I had after his birth, that I would not be bringing my daughter home.

All three dreams have been in a hospital setting. One, she was born early, into a toilet with no one else attending. The second, she was born onto the bed with no one else attending.

Last night, I had a third: She was born into my hands, no one else attending, and as I watched the cord pulse, she rooted and found my breast and latched on right away, Her little face was identical to her big sister, and then by myself, with a garbage can besides me, I birthed the placenta too.
She was there, she was alive, she was absolutely beautiful.

I don't know how many of you believe in being sent signs, but after last night, I believe my daughter is trying to empower me and teach me to trust my instincts again. I believe she's trying to tell me that she will be okay, and I will be okay, and I will have a successful VBAC.

Nice! In our subconscious our fears and hopes come together. Enjoy your third trimester. Take to your midwife or doctor about your angst & birthing preferences. I'm sure that as you get closer, you'll get a clearer picture of what is likely to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->