• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I think my OH is secretly reading up on pregnancy!

viccat

Reaction score
My OH is a pretty laid back person. When I first got pregnant, he couldn't understand why I was worried about caring for our dogs and cat, and wasn't eating some of my usual foods. He thought I was being a bit OTT after finally getting the BFP.

I think he must have been swotting up on the sly though.....

Now, he always empties the cat litter tray, is doing much more around the house, and has started asking "are you allowed to eat that?" :haha:

He has never once asked me about any of this (he's one of those daft fool men who don't like to ask for directions) but I can tell he's been reading up, bless his heart :kiss:

Aw, that is really lovely <3

My OH said to me the other day that he doesn't spend enough time reading our pregnancy book but he's been great about changing the cat litter (even though I don't think our cat has any risk of having toxicplasmosis!) xx

Lol my husband drives me crazy with how much he reads. Almost wish he wouldn't. "You need this vitamin and that vitamin. You have to eat this and that." He's ordered so many vitamins for me I take like over 20 pills a day! Drives me nuts! But he has been extremely helpful around the house so I guess it's not all bad. He's one of those people who have to research anything and everything. Especially when making any kind of purchase! Reads tons before making decisions.

Lucky you! My husband says I use pregnancy as an excuse -_-'

My OH said to me the other day that he doesn't spend enough time reading our pregnancy book but he's been great about changing the cat litter (even though I don't think our cat has any risk of having toxicplasmosis!) xx

I scoop litter boxes (I have 5 cats), at my "half" of the house, and OH does the other half. Afterwards, I just wash my hands and forearm (just a bit of extra cleaning than usual), and of course making sure I don't touch my face after scooping. When it comes to replacing the litter and scrubbing the boxes, he does that job (just to reduce the risk of the litter dust, bacterial stuff flying about when hosing it down, etc).

If your cats are strictly indoors and you grew up around cats, you're most likely immune to toxoplasmosis anyways. When I was born, my mom already had two cats, and there haven't been a year gone by in my life that I've lived without cats, so I'm probably immune to it.

Toxoplasmosis is spread by cats ingesting/killing infected wildlife.

Anyhoo - My husband only makes sure that I take my vitamins and that's it. He's actually more familiar with baby care than I am...since he raised his nephew from birth while the nephew's mom worked. At that time, I'll be asking HIM for advice! He and I are "common sense" kind of people. We don't obsess over every little thing that has to be done with pregnancy, I would go bonkers! He lets me eat whatever I want. :happydance:

I was laying in bed tonight watching TV and my hubby comes and lays down and I realized about 15 minutes later he was reading my What to Expect book :) When he put it down later I asked did he learn anything and he said "That was an information overload" lol

I wish my husband would read up on it but I'm not sure it's really real to him yet lol. I got him a kindle fire for his birthday last month and I loaded it up with a pregnancy for men kind of book for him but I don't think he's looked at it yet.

Having said all that he is really good to me and is doing loads of stuff round the house and asking me how I'm feeling and things.

DH doesn't want to read any pregnancy books, but he did get the what to expect app on his phone and checks every week to see where baby is in development. He also reads about all the pregnancy symptoms i'm probably having, and i think he has gotten more understanding. He's been good this whole pregnancy though about doing things around the house. We have a farm with lots of animals, so a little different than some women's situations...if he hadn't picked up the slack in first tri, some of the animals would have been in bad shape.

If your cats are strictly indoors and you grew up around cats, you're most likely immune to toxoplasmosis anyways. When I was born, my mom already had two cats, and there haven't been a year gone by in my life that I've lived without cats, so I'm probably immune to it.

Toxoplasmosis is spread by cats ingesting/killing infected wildlife.

I didn't grow up with cats but we've had our cat since he was 8 weeks old and we've kept him as a house cat so like I say, I really don't think he has any risk of having toxoplasmosis. It was generally one of OH's jobs anyway, if he wasn't here then I would do it but just wear gloves and my face mask.

I'm not overtly worried but OH wants to minimise any possible risk - let's be honest, it's not like it's the nicest job to do anyway :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->