I think she has Eczema?

S

Serene123

Could just be a rash though. Should I go docs or wait it out?

wats it look like hun?? Ebonii has it and we use aveeno cream prescribed from doc it works wonders :D

i would go to the docs cos eczema doesnt tend to clear up on its own quickly, and it can get quite sore, how long has she had it?

Dec has it and you may well need some cream from the doctors, Decs flares up now and again, he cant use bath products (they cause flare ups) and he has to smothered in diprobase after each bath. If you think she has it I would go to the docs, cus like someone already said it may not clear on its own xx

I have eczema, I know what it's like, but it seems a bit different. It isn't dry like mine and she doesn't seem bothered by it.. I'll ask at clinic tomorrow.

That is the problem with dry skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis. Often they can just be dry skin rather than these conditions!

This seems to happen especially round these change of seasons.

Good luck at the clinic tomorrow!

Rick

I think Sharlotte has eczema too. She's just got these nasty rashes that get kinda dry and crusty and they seem to itch her like crazy. I have a Dr. appointment on Wednesday so we'll have it checked out then. She's had it for a couple weeks now, and no amount, no style of lotion or rash cream clears it up all the way.

Let us know what you find out Toria :)

oh sweetie poor little caitlyn, hope it clears up quickly, good luck at clinic :hugs:

Did you take Caitlyn to the docs and did they say it was eczema? If yes, what did they advise?

I have had eczema since I was about 2 years old, the worst was when I was 27 so I knew there was a huge possibility that Gabbi would get it too. (My sister also had it really bad so it's in the genes!).

Anyway, she has a rash, dry, mainly on her legs (mine were the worst there),. Now I don't bath her every day, in fact she gets a bath 2 - 3 times a week as I am wary of drying her skin out too much. She does get a wash every morning and night. When she has a bath, we put Oilatum in the water. I then put on either Johnsons Gel Oil (seems to suit her skin) or Moisturising lotion but also use an emolient cream the doc gave us.

What have you found that works on your baby eczema? I am not too happy with our local docs, bit outdated, so until we can change docs (nothing happens overnight here in Bulgaria, sooooooo laid back!), is there anything you think I can try on Gabbi? Or do you think I am doing enough? I am hoping that it is just baby eczema and she will have skin like her dad as she grows up. Wishful thinking!

It wasn't eczema, it was just dry skin. It's gone now. I put lotion on her every morning after her bath and we've had no problems since x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->