I thought that it they were going to make it 'pay to work'

i work parttime because it means i'm better off financially plus i get to spend time with the kids. i know there are people out there who appear to be doing things i.e. having more children to stay out of work, but really, even if they did want to work the likelihood is they wouldn't be able to get a job! x

Well, Im not a public sector worker and not had any kind of payrise in 7 years either AND I have a crap pension and I dont get paid enough for what I do.

Im also not in receipt of benefits so looks like Im screwed every which way :)

Of course if you're surviving on benefits only you will be glad of the raise, who wouldn't be? I am well aware of how it is and the struggles that people have through no fault of their own :flower:

What most people take issue with is the situation where this is making it even less likely than before that people moving into work, or people who do work, would be better off in work than on benefits. Because the state of the economy is such that inflation is high (which is the rate they use for benefit raises) and wages are frozen. Which is one effed-up way for a country to operate. :flower:

Well, Im not a public sector worker and not had any kind of payrise in 7 years either AND I have a crap pension and I dont get paid enough for what I do.

Im also not in receipt of benefits so looks like Im screwed every which way :)

^^ Same here

I do get CB & a bit of CTC (Although it looks like we wont be getting any CTC come April!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->