I thought the 2 week wait was long, this 12 week wait is torture!!

Laura27

Reaction score
Seriously, when did 12 weeks ever go by so slowly for anything else!! Each week feels like a month!! HURRY UP ALREADY!!

I'm so so so so so excited for when I can tell everyone, knowing that the scan has all gone well and the worry can disappear.....

Each DAY feels like a month!! :haha: Ugh.

Michelle I can't even remember being 4 weeks pregnant! Seems like years ago!! I want a BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPP!!

It's like limbo land and so terrifying.

Definitely agree with you re the TWW!

x

I keep thinking if this pregnancy doesn't progress (I have an irrational fear something is going to go wrong) then I don't think I could put myself back at the start!! It's too long to be worried every day!!

It is an insane amount of time to be worrying. I only found out a few days ago so can't imagine how hard it's been for you now you are 10 weeks but like you I am constantly terrified of something going wrong. x

I know the feeling it seems like an eternity to get to 12 weeks and now I'm 5 days away. When I look back though it doesn't feel like 7/8 weeks ago that I found out seems like it's flown by. X

I had an early scan at 7 weeks, utterly convinced that it was going to show I'd made the whole thing up but there it was, a little baked bean with a pounding heartbeat! Despite that, I'm convinced the 12 week scan will show an empty space....mad I know!! A baby can't just disappear!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who went/is heading to a 7 week scan thinking made the whole thing up. I'm honestly thinking that they are going to scan me and it will all be some horrible joke by my body.

I'm so glad you got to see bub's heartbeat though and you are right - baby can't just disappear but ah, our anxious minds don't seem to like rationality! It's like it can't break through the walls of anxiety.

I know! My scan isn't until the 21st and every day feels like it drags and drags!!! Especially with this awful sickness too, that adds to the draggy-ness of each day! Xx

Tink the early scan is an amazing experience! I couldn't link what I was seeing on the screen with what was happening in my body, it was so lovely!

Here's my bean at 7w4d...

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5
Ah I feel like a friggen sloth!!! Time is going so slowly!! I just want to get out of the danger zone already!
Soooo much longer to goooooo

I agree! I'm desperate to reach 12 weeks but it's going so slowly xx

This is why I hate first tri... I become a miserable hot mess with all my symptoms and horrible morning sickness on top of time standing still. It literally takes a decade to get out of first tri. Not fun!!!

Laura, love your scan picture. Amazing!

Yes, this! The wait is horrendous. I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks in October- should've finally been "all clear" soon and wasn't. Grateful to have the chance to be pregnant again but it means starting the 12 week wait allllllll over again, lol- this time with the added bonus of uncalmable worry!

Yay, I'm not alone! these first weeks are DRAGGING. MY first scan is not until 29th Jan - ages away!! :cry: I thought it would fly by with Christmas and New Years but it only made it go slower being off work and thinking about it!!

It is pure torture! I really do not enjoy first trimester at all, and feel myself getting grumpier as time slowly trudges forward... I am 8 weeks, still have to wait until Friday for my first appointment, then wait to see if they book my Ultrasound for my 12th week, and wait until February for my first MW appointment. On top of that worrying that all this fatigue, gaggy sore tummy/constantly hungry feeling is for nothing and I have had a M/C and just don't know it while waiting for these things is driving me bananas. I have an almost 3 year old and I don't know if I have the strength to do it all again.

First trimester is the HARDEST trimester. Even beats out the ligament and hip pains in third trimester for me. You ladies who suffer through awful all day sickness, I just want to give you the worlds largest supply of freezies to show my appreciation for your endurance... as I am too weak I could never make it through (and hugs are the last thing a queasy person wants! LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->