I thought the 2 week wait was long, this 12 week wait is torture!!

I agree, it feels stressful and horrible. I wasn't able to get my scan until next Friday. I'm thinking of getting a private scan before then if possible but I don't know. I'm half-expecting to see no hb because that's what happened last time. I really can't imagine seeing a hb.

I'm like 6w3d and I'm going nuts with worry. Every spot, every cramp. Ugh :(

KBCupcake I was 100% sure there was going to be no heartbeat, I had prepared myself for it and just wanted verification....then when the sonographer said I was measuring exactly to the day I felt a little uplifted then she zoomed in on bean and the heart was flickering away like mad!! The most surreal feeling ever, im sure you'll be fine :)

I'm having a hard time with this wait too, ladies - with our first, I spotted and got a scan around 6 weeks. I certainly don't want that to happen again, but I don't know how I'm going to wait soooo long for any appointment! I'm hoping they'll try the Doppler at my 10-week appointment, at least.

Nothing for me to do but wait and whine!

It is pure torture! I really do not enjoy first trimester at all, and feel myself getting grumpier as time slowly trudges forward... I am 8 weeks, still have to wait until Friday for my first appointment, then wait to see if they book my Ultrasound for my 12th week, and wait until February for my first MW appointment. On top of that worrying that all this fatigue, gaggy sore tummy/constantly hungry feeling is for nothing and I have had a M/C and just don't know it while waiting for these things is driving me bananas. I have an almost 3 year old and I don't know if I have the strength to do it all again.

First trimester is the HARDEST trimester. Even beats out the ligament and hip pains in third trimester for me. You ladies who suffer through awful all day sickness, I just want to give you the worlds largest supply of freezies to show my appreciation for your endurance... as I am too weak I could never make it through (and hugs are the last thing a queasy person wants! LOL)

HAHAHA at the end! I had a parent give me a side hug yesterday. I was glad she was grateful and I was happy to help but all I could think about was, "lady please don't touch me, I am not in the mood and I might just gag from the combination smell of your cigarettes and perfume"...

Ladies.... I feel your pain, I remember all to well how long the first 12 weeks were, it's no better now tho because since then I have been counting down to my gender scan which is Monday and I agree, each day feels like a month!!! Atleast i have the reassurance of a VERY active baby that is always kicking away... Anyway just to say I hope all your scans go fantastic and come round nice and soon for u!!!!! Xxx

From the time I started trying I hears so much about the horrible TWW, I thought that they meant "Two Week Wait". Now I realize it was the Twelve Week Wait. I am egger to get to the Seven Week Wait because I never get that far. Two weeks to go...that's a lifetime.

I hear you! I just want to tell everyone and start getting my bump!!! Waiting for the first scan is going to be torture!!!

def dragging and im only 4w2d!
until I see the hb I don't think I can even acknowledge its gonna happen due to previous losses. I keep poas like to check.. each morning yep still pregnant...

I hear you! I just want to tell everyone and start getting my bump!!! Waiting for the first scan is going to be torture!!!
Me too, my scan isn't until 16th Feb (although I'm thinking about an early one) and I can't wait to tell people and feel a bit more "safe" plus I worry that I wont get that far. I want a nice sexy bump rather than just bloat

I feel your pain. These first 12/13 weeks are going so awfully slow. After my miscarriage last pregnancy, it's hard to stay positive. The only thing that keeps me going is my doppler and hearing baby's heartbeat. I don't know how I survived before I was able to find the heartbeat at 8w5d. I'm just ready to feel baby moving and find out the gender and really start to get excited. Time is dragging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->