I told my parents!

ellie09

Reaction score
I found out five days ago i was about ten weeks pregnant. Me and OH wanted to tell our parents as soon as possible but we also said we wanted to tell them together. I was watching tv with my mum and we got talking about babies because one of my friends is eight months pregnant, she said that she wouldn't want me to get pregnant at this age but if i did she wouldn't want me to get a abortion and if i wanted an abortion, she'd try and talk me out of it. I saw this as the perfect chance to tell her! I just turned around and said "mum, i'm pregnant". She laughed because she thought i was joking at first, my dad was cooking in the kitchen so he heard too. He was like "what? are you joking because it isn't funny". I told them i was serious and my dad asked loads of questions but my mum just sat there, i started to cry and she hugged me. I reasured my mum and dad that me and OH didn't want an abortion and that i would want my mum there by my side as much as i could, my mum said it would be okay she'd be there. My dad said they would help with money, looking after the baby, be there for us, i could still live at home but OH couldn't live with me. Which was what i was expecting anyway, his house is huge but i don't want to live at his place, i want my mum by my said as much as possible and i feel uncomfortable around his family.

I'm so glad i have this off my chest! I'm just hoping OH isn't upset i told them without him, i know i probably shouldn't have but it just seemed like the perfect time. I hope he's not mad! I'm just worried about telling my sisters and brothers now. I'm 17 but my sisters are 33 and 29 so they are like a second mother to me, my brothers are older too and very protective. My mum wanted to tell my sisters to come over and i could tell them an hour ago but my dad said it was too late at night and we should all just sleep on it. I know they'll find out tomorrow and they won't react well :cry:

They'll get over it. They'll have a little neice/nephew to love. They'll be fine.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Im so glad your parents reacted so well! im so happy for you that really seems like it was the perfect time to tell them, i have older sisters aswell that are like my second and third mothers im dreading them finding out too!! They're both mothers, congratulations and dont stress too much you have the hardest part over with :-D

:hugs: I'm glad they took the news well. Hopefully your OH will understand

Thats one of the hardest things ive had to do in my life, tell my Dad. I chickend out and waited till i was 12 weeks and text him lol. Well done for just getting it over with. Its such a relief when they take it well. Your brothers and sisters will be fine hun, they get a neice/nephew that they can have all the good parts with then hand them back lol.

Your OH will be fine! I dont blame you for wanting your mum by your side ethier :)
And congrats on the pregnancy chick xxxx

awe congrats on the pregnancy
thats good your parents took it so well.
I hope OH isn't mad, he will prolly understand it was just the right time to tell them :)

Congrats on the pregnancy! Your parents reacted really well.. jealous!! lol. If your OH is mad, that's silly.. you had to tell them sooner or later, and sooner is better, trust me! Isn't it nice to breathe a sigh of relief- that it's finally done & over with? :) Hope your siblings react well. I'm sure they'll be excited about it in no time though!!

Well done for telling them hun! It's extremely hard I know.. but it's really good they reacted so well to it and you have their support. Your OH will understand, just explain that it was a good moment to tell them and you needed to get it out before you 'chickened out' as it were. Your siblings will come around (if they do react badly), they'll maybe just need a bit more time to get used to the idea.

xoxox

Well done for telling ur parents :)
xxx

Glad you told your parents and that they took it well! :hugs:

It's the hardest thing telling your parents so well done, I'm glad they are being supportive :)

Your OH shouldnt be mad. You had to get it off your chest and it was the perfect time. Just explain that to him.
Im so glad your parents took that news well. :). I was terrified to tell my dad, but he just gave me a hug and said all would be ok.
As for your siblings. They'll want to feel overprotective and what not, but there isnt much they can do. They'll get over it in time. My Fiance's sister flat out told me that there was no way I could handle a baby right now and needed to get an abortion. I was dumbfounded and completely shocked. BUT she's either over it, or shes not. You'll learn to take things like this in stride. They have to get used to the idea as the little one is here to stay for good.
CONGRATS on the pregnancy chick. :).
Lisa.

I know how you feel about the sibling thing!
My brothers are both 24 and 25 so they will probably freak, I know one of them will at least, I really don't want to tell him.

I'm glad your parents are supportive, mine haven't really come around yet, but I have a feeling they will!

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->