I want another girl why is that shocking?!

My DS is so gentle, sensitive & caring that he could pass for a girl so I've got the best of both worlds :haha:

I know how you feel but the other way round. I have 2 boys and according to every single person that I announced my pregnancy to at a party I went to last night, I must be really hoping for a girl this time. Nope! It's not that I 100% want a third boy, but my decision to have a third baby had nothing to do with wanting a particular gender. I'd love a happy, healthy baby of either gender, and I'm really excited to be find out at the birth what we've got :)

I get the same I have 4 girls. And 2 boys and everyone always says another boy would be nice to even up the numbers I often think , nice for who. When I had my last (g) I had a strong feeling I wanted a girl because my last Lo (b) was so dam sweet and still is i wants him to be my last boy, although that feelings still there I am not 100% bothered 😄boys are great so are girls , why others really think they know best for every one is surprising

I have one of each and already the family that know are saying they hope it's a boy as we have loadssss of girls in both sides of the family.

Drives me insane!

I just want a healthy baby at this point.

Although I get where you are coming from as I have 2 little boys and people say oh wouldn't it be perfect if you had a girl, your comment on I don't care very much for boys is quite harsh. If you turn out to be carrying a boy would you not be happy with the fact that he's not a girl and a boy god forbid! I would love another boy as I would love a girl and I don't have a preference and am grateful for the precious life within me regardless of its sex. I think you may have worded it wrong but it sure comes across really insensitive.

This and also in the gender forum thread you said you thought every person should have a girl because they are so wonderful and that was in response to a thread of someone with boys wanting a girl. So it works both ways!

I have three step-daughters that DO share a bond, but fight like no tomorrow. They're close in age, into the same things, and smart as all get out - but there's the inherent cattiness of girls that I somehow just don't relate to even though I'm, obviously, female. Even as a child I tended to gravitate more towards the boys than the other girls because I found them to be more chill and relaxed about things and, as mentioned, a lot less catty. That could be because I grew up in a sport where it was very easy to knock another person for their equipment or lack thereof and it was literally "my horse is bigger than your horse so neener!" type of crap.

That being said, I love my son. He cracks me up, but I think (and sort of hope) that this baby is a girl given that this is likely my last as hubby is turning 40 next year and would like to retire at some point ;)

I have three step-daughters that DO share a bond, but fight like no tomorrow. They're close in age, into the same things, and smart as all get out - but there's the inherent cattiness of girls that I somehow just don't relate to even though I'm, obviously, female. Even as a child I tended to gravitate more towards the boys than the other girls because I found them to be more chill and relaxed about things and, as mentioned, a lot less catty. That could be because I grew up in a sport where it was very easy to knock another person for their equipment or lack thereof and it was literally "my horse is bigger than your horse so neener!" type of crap.

That being said, I love my son. He cracks me up, but I think (and sort of hope) that this baby is a girl given that this is likely my last as hubby is turning 40 next year and would like to retire at some point ;)

I agree we all are entitled to our preferences. Doesn't mean baby of opposite sex will be loved any less! But yes girls can most certainly be catty lol. I don't quite feel the need to "family balance" I'm happy with my girls but if this ones a boy that would be fine too :)

After struggling with infertility, 3 rounds of IUI, and IVF-- I can safely say I just want a healthy baby....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->