I want to do some fertility testing. Where should I start?

L

Lala27

I havent been trying for that long but because I am in my late twenties I want to make sure things are ok.

I will be paying for this all out of pocket so I dont think I will have to do the waiting periods because insurance companies are the ones that put all those time limits and stipulations on when you can do testing for certian things. Because they dont want to pay. Well I was told by a doctor that if I wanted to pay out of pocket that clinics wont care how long I have been trying because theyre getting paid so it doesnt matter.

I dont know where to start. First of all should I go to a regular doctor, an OBGYN or an RE to do this? What will they do first? Blood tests and HSG? I know nothing about this so if you could advise me on what tests to ask for or give me an example of what they did for you that would be nice. I ovulate fine on my own according to ovulation pains and OPKs. My LP is 11-12 days but im taking things to lengthen that. I dont have PCOS or endometriosis that I know of. But I still want to make sure everything is fine. Thank you

I havent been trying for that long but because I am in my late twenties I want to make sure things are ok.

I will be paying for this all out of pocket so I dont think I will have to do the waiting periods because insurance companies are the ones that put all those time limits and stipulations on when you can do testing for certian things. Because they dont want to pay. Well I was told by a doctor that if I wanted to pay out of pocket that clinics wont care how long I have been trying because theyre getting paid so it doesnt matter.

I dont know where to start. First of all should I go to a regular doctor, an OBGYN or an RE to do this? What will they do first? Blood tests and HSG? I know nothing about this so if you could advise me on what tests to ask for or give me an example of what they did for you that would be nice. I ovulate fine on my own according to ovulation pains and OPKs. My LP is 11-12 days but im taking things to lengthen that. I dont have PCOS or endometriosis that I know of. But I still want to make sure everything is fine. Thank you

I would go straight to an RE if I were you. My fertility clinic does all of the testing in the first month that you see them. I started seeing an RE for the first time last month. I started all of my testing this month.

The RE told me to do a bunch of tests once my next period started. I had blood work to test for basically everything lol. My husband had a SA and blood tests. I had a cycle day 3 blood test and ultrasound. I had a saline sonohystergram. They put saline in your uterus to check for polyps. Starting on cycle day 10 I started cycle monitoring. They give me ultrasounds and blood work almost every day to check for follicles. 7 days after I ovulate I have to get my progesterone tested. Normally women have to have hsg's too, but I don't have to have one yet because my doctor wants me to have a laparoscopy to check for endometriosis and when he does that he'll do the HSG. At the end of this cycle I go back to the RE to go over all of my results and discuss treatment.

Two things have come back abnormal for us. My DH's SA wasn't normal. My follicles don't grow like they should grow.

Thanks so much! So what does that mean your folicles don't grow normal? I mean. That's kind of self explanatory, but?

So basically when I go, they will start all the testing when my next period starts? Is this something you just wanted to do too? I hope things work out for you! I know that if your guy starts eating pumpkin seeds that they have lots of vitamin zinc and will help with sperm production and mobility. Also he should use Ashwagandha root powder. It helps with male infertility, impotence and libido. A teaspoon of organic Ashwagandha root powder in a warm cup of milk 3 times a day should be helpful. Also red clocer blossoms for both of you. You can make an infusion using like an ounce or two of red clover blossoms in a one court mason jar. Let it steep in boiling hot water (don't boil the blossoms) for 4 to 6 hours . You can use peppermint to add flavor, a teaspoon or so and flavor with honey after you have strained it. That's just some natural remedys you can try, you can look into the healing value of the herbs. And see they really are good for what I say they are...

Every fertility clinic is different so you might not have to do the same things I did. It wasn't my choice to have all the tests done when I did. They gave me a booklet that had all the tests I had to do and they told me that I had to wait until cd1 to call them and book tests.

Your follicles are supposed to grow at a certain rate, but mine grew half the normal rate. My dr said I should have ovulated on cd13 because of the size my follicle was on cd10, but I ended up ovulating on cd16. I don't know what he'll do about it. I see him on Tuesday to discuss my tests and treatment.

Thanks for the info about supplements. My DH started zinc. He used to have boiling hot baths daily, but when he found out he had a problem he started having showers and a week later when we got his semen tested again everything was normal :) I definitely think the baths was his problem.

Are you seeing a doctor soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->