I want to lose weight. big dilemma! please help!

Destiny08

Reaction score
Ok so. I have always struggled to gain weight. I was 1 of those lucky people. At the time I got pregnant with DD I had managed to build enough muscle swimming to get myself up to 110lbs/50kg. I lost weight in the first trimester as a result of hyperemesis gravidarum and ended up at 99lbs/45kg.
But by the end of my pregnancy I was up at a healthy 141lbs/64kg. Immediately after giving birth I was 123lbs/56kg which was my goal weight before I got pregnant!

Now, DD is 2.5 and I weigh around 67kg/147lbs. Im not fat by any means. Im 5ft9 so that puts my pretty much right in the middle of normal BMI. But im just...at a loss. My goal when we started struggling to conceive was to lose the baby weight instead. And in Jan I started going to the gym twice a week while DD was at school. i dont eat much, or unhealthily (aside fron stupid amounts of coke, which i am addicted to and trying to cut out) so there really isnt much i can change food wise. I walk _everywhere_ which is...at least 2 miles on a Monday, at least 5 on weds, same on Thurs. So not huge amounts, but i walk at least a mile total on tues and fri which are also my gym days.so thats a total of at least 14 miles a week, most of that pushing a pram or carrying a baby. When im at the gym I focus mostly on cardio (rowing machine mostly) and then ab exercises and arm weights.

But I cannot shift the weight :( since Jan I have lost 3kg/7lbs or so, but thats 1kg a month. Which is stupid. And then part of me thinks...well if im losing weight that slowly, ill probably be pregnant by the time I meet my 56kg/123lb goal..so is it even worth the effort?

And if I skip gym for a week, my whole baby belly comes back. I just...cant seem to lose my baby belly and im SO demotivated :( but I hate myself lol. I carry ALL my extra weight around my stomach and it looks gross.

bah :( I guess I just need some tips! Or motivation, or both! Or just someone to read my babble lol.

oh also if we had more space in our flat I would skip constantly, but the ceiling is too low :(

Thanks for reading this far if you've managed to! :flower: and thanks in advance for any replies!

You're losing weight slowly because you are already a healthy weight for your height. It only falls off quickly if there is a big disparity, i.e. you are overweight. I'm not really clear on your reasons for wanting to lose weight when you are clearly in a healthy weight range? It sounds like it might be an insecurity thing and you are really beating yourself up about this when you have no reason to.

For your info I am also 5'9" and therefore I know you are at a healthy weight. If you are eating good food and exercising then you are already taking care of yourself and you have nothing to stress about. As for the baby belly - your body changes after you have a baby, that's just the way it is, there is no way to sugar coat that. Please stop beating yourself up, you are not gross!

ETA - 56kg is actually underweight for our height. Please don't try to get that thin. I was 56kg after surgery in 2010 and I was like a skeleton. I'm currently 61kg and am borderline too skinny at this weight, I've got no boobs and no curves right now and I wouldn't mind putting on a few!

I agree with the above...you are currently at a healthy weight for you height. The pounds aren't falling off because well, you are already an ideal weight.

If you think your gross I must be a monster! Lol

I'm 5'11 and well...I weigh a LOT more than you. I know I need to lose about 30 lbs, but I don't think I'm THAT overweight :/

Sounds like you are just a bit insecure about your new body post baby. Maybe just cut out the soda (completely) and work on creating a healthy lifestyle and stop obsessing over losing a few lbs. I know when I just try and live a healthy life the weight seems to come off more naturally.

Thanks for the replies :) I do know its all in my head. I think just because I was always so underweight, and could eat anything without gaining weight, I struggle to not think im fat when I compare my new body to my old one.

I do have a small frame, so I dont carry weight well (when she was 19 my mom looked the same way I did at 19, but she weighed almost 20kg more) it's all piled around my stomach and face. (Poor A cup me didnteven get boob weight!) But I know im in a normal weight range.

I piled on the weight for a few reasons. 1 was because I had severe depression (had it from around 17 but only got unbearable after DD at 21) so I drank insane amounts of coke for the sugar and caffeine to grt me through the day and now im addicted lol I also ate more. The second was going on the implanon and the 3rd was my anti depressants. I also have Suttons disease II (sounds worse than it is, but basically I get terrible unexplained mouth ulcers) and drinking coke almost. Numbs them lol

but yea. I know this is a bigger thing in my head than it is to anyone else.i just look at pictures of me as a 19 year old and me as a 23 year old and I can clearly see the extra 40lbs.

Admin edited per forum rules and TOS:

When using BabyandBump, be polite, do not break the law, and do not use The Web Site for self-publicity or advertising.

and

You may not post advertising, commission, referral or affiliate links (including sites whose main income is derived from affiliate or referral links).

Ok so. I have always struggled to gain weight. I was 1 of those lucky people. At the time I got pregnant with DD I had managed to build enough muscle swimming to get myself up to 110lbs/50kg. I lost weight in the first trimester as a result of hyperemesis gravidarum and ended up at 99lbs/45kg.
But by the end of my pregnancy I was up at a healthy 141lbs/64kg. Immediately after giving birth I was 123lbs/56kg which was my goal weight before I got pregnant!

Now, DD is 2.5 and I weigh around 67kg/147lbs. Im not fat by any means. Im 5ft9 so that puts my pretty much right in the middle of normal BMI. But im just...at a loss. My goal when we started struggling to conceive was to lose the baby weight instead. And in Jan I started going to the gym twice a week while DD was at school. i dont eat much, or unhealthily (aside fron stupid amounts of coke, which i am addicted to and trying to cut out) so there really isnt much i can change food wise. I walk _everywhere_ which is...at least 2 miles on a Monday, at least 5 on weds, same on Thurs. So not huge amounts, but i walk at least a mile total on tues and fri which are also my gym days.so thats a total of at least 14 miles a week, most of that pushing a pram or carrying a baby. When im at the gym I focus mostly on cardio (rowing machine mostly) and then ab exercises and arm weights.

But I cannot shift the weight :( since Jan I have lost 3kg/7lbs or so, but thats 1kg a month. Which is stupid. And then part of me thinks...well if im losing weight that slowly, ill probably be pregnant by the time I meet my 56kg/123lb goal..so is it even worth the effort?

And if I skip gym for a week, my whole baby belly comes back. I just...cant seem to lose my baby belly and im SO demotivated :( but I hate myself lol. I carry ALL my extra weight around my stomach and it looks gross.

bah :( I guess I just need some tips! Or motivation, or both! Or just someone to read my babble lol.

oh also if we had more space in our flat I would skip constantly, but the ceiling is too low :(

Thanks for reading this far if you've managed to! :flower: and thanks in advance for any replies!

I didn't use weight loss pills or any crazy Atkins diet either. I simply cut out all processed foods, ate all natural everything. The only thing I couldn't give up was my 2% milk and coffee creamer. Cut out soda. I ate beans, seeds nuts, veggies, qinuo, raisins, Greek yogurt, lots of spicy foods(heats you up and burns calories) tons of green tea(speeds up metabolism) humus nothing processed, no bananas. Bright veggies with lots of color. Stay away from white foods like potatoes,rice,bread,crackers,cheeses. When u eat beans your body only digests half of them and the other half pull out fats with it. Anything with omega fats is good. That is the fat that your brain needs to operate, if it doesn't get the omegas it will pull what it needs from your muscles leaving you drained and unable to do daily tasks. There is so much more but not much room to type. If it sounds like something you would want to do message me and I can give you more info. I lost 55 lbs in three months and it fell off I didn't even work out.

Thanks for the replies :) I do know its all in my head. I think just because I was always so underweight, and could eat anything without gaining weight, I struggle to not think im fat when I compare my new body to my old one.

I do have a small frame, so I dont carry weight well (when she was 19 my mom looked the same way I did at 19, but she weighed almost 20kg more) it's all piled around my stomach and face. (Poor A cup me didnteven get boob weight!) But I know im in a normal weight range.

I piled on the weight for a few reasons. 1 was because I had severe depression (had it from around 17 but only got unbearable after DD at 21) so I drank insane amounts of coke for the sugar and caffeine to grt me through the day and now im addicted lol I also ate more. The second was going on the implanon and the 3rd was my anti depressants. I also have Suttons disease II (sounds worse than it is, but basically I get terrible unexplained mouth ulcers) and drinking coke almost. Numbs them lol

but yea. I know this is a bigger thing in my head than it is to anyone else.i just look at pictures of me as a 19 year old and me as a 23 year old and I can clearly see the extra 40lbs.

I'm bumping this in case you respond to my other reply. I forgot to request instant email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->