I want to try out having a cloth bum Baby!

Floralaura

Reaction score
I had planned to use cloth for LO but then after he was born the whole two kids and a house thing hit me and off to papmers we went and i gave all mine away..now im thinking i may buy one nappy just to try and see how we like it..so, recommend one to me please..as i have no idea where to start! :blush:
If it help LO is 20 weeks old BUT weighs 21lbs and is stupidly long too (like 71cms) with quite chubby legs (think the Baby dino off that old dinosaurs cartoon that used to be on heh)..so about the size of a 7-8mth old (not sure if this matters in which nappy would be best or not?)..also on a bit of a budget so cheapish would be good (Dont mind 2nd hand). I have just applied to my local council who give you £75 voucher to get cloth nappies so that will help with buying a whole load if a like them..its just the tester one i would like to be cheap..think thats it for what im looking for as im just starting to waffle now! :flower:

I would have to recommend an Itti Bitti - cos they are my absolute favourite cloth nappy of all time, they tick all the boxes for me!

I also love my itti- but not great budget wise as need several sizes- I have a few different types but my fall back, never fail nappy if the Bumgenius V3- one size, no leaks, quick drying easy to use

https://www.fill-your-pants.com/one-size-nappies/bumgenius.html

I agree with girls. BG 's are the way to go to start out.

I loved the organic AIO'S as they are no fuss, chuck in washer, dry and go..:thumbup:

i noticed your in north wales if your near porthmadog you could pop into babipurs store, they have a range of nappies in their store: bumgenuis v3,organics, econobum & flips, close parent pop-ins, ecobubs, totsbots! this would allow you to get up close and personal with a nappy before buying.

i write articles for them which are linked in my siggy.

have a read round though and try a system that you feel will suit your requirement - we all have different preferences so it's hard to recommend a nappy that you will 100% love and suit your LO. I'm afraid it's a case of trial and error like sposies really.

I love Blueberry's :)
They are expensive, but if you go for BB one size's preloved, you'll get a great deal and they'll last xxxx

From what you've just wrote- id say go with a Flip. Slim fitting, changable absorbency depending how much of a heavy wetter your LO is (a choice between microfibre (staydry) insert which dries pretty quick) and an organic which is more absorbent but longer to dry and wet against bubs' skin (which I dont favour). OR for over night, one of each staydry and organic and away you go!

Contains poop explosions pretty well for me also.

negatives....limited colours and not 'pretty' per say...but still in bright solid colours and not crunchy or rigid to touch :D

and then id say ittis :D More for looks as lovely and fluffy to stroke and absorbency can be changed around depending on AIO, SIO and mini boosters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->