• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I welcome the pain! Give me a sign!

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
So I'm 40+1. There's still plenty of time for baby to come. But I simply do not want to be induced. I want the excitement. I want the contractions to start. I want to lose my plug. I want my waters to break.
I want the panic and excitement!

But.. I'm feeling very disappointed that I have no signs! I feel like.. No this is not going to happen is it? Not by itself. Today I've not done a lot, I've actually put my feet up a little.. Felt less energetic to do housework, I think I've completely nested myself out!!!

Midwife has a sweep scheduled for me. But I'd love to not even have that..

I've bounced on the ball.. I had some period cramps earlier.. They've died off now ive eaten my dinner!

I DTD yesterday, not a thing!
I did housework yesterday.

What else can I do without going down the route of castor oil and all of those other things?!

I'm literally going to bounce and rotate my hips on this ball until bed time now..

I just want a hopeful sign, even if it still takes a week for him to come.. But I feel absolutely normal apart from a massive bump sticking out from me!! A small sign?!?

I'm a little fed up of people asking.. Even though I've not had many people ask so far.. But I know the number will increase every single day from now on!!! I don't like the attention because it'll just make me anxious in a bad way..

Sex! I went 10 days over with my son. The last 2 days I spent pretty much sat on OH constantly.
I'm. It big on castor oil and other iffy induction methods. With sex, even if it didn't bring on labour, I still ended up a happy woman haha. I believe it did help me on my way though, the more I had, the stronger the contractions.

I feel exactly the same. Im 8 days over now, and have had literally zero signs, except from loss of plug which I put down to my sweep last week and not actually being anything significant.

I bounce on my ball every night.
I literally run around after two energetic little ones every day.
I have been eating loads of spicy foods (although I cant complain as its an excuse for a takeaway!)
Nothing. Absolutely nothing lol.

Dd1 was off nursery all of last week and today everyone was gobsmacked that I was still pregnant hah!

I totally sympathise with you! Heres hoping we get some reliable signs soon!

Sometimes labour can jump up and surprise you! I was 40+5 with no signs with my son. No braxton hicks, no feeling off or intuition about labour. Contractions started all of a sudden at 10pm and were 5 minutes apart.

You said exactly what I'm feeling. Although I have noticed loss of plug over the last two days.. nothing else significant.:/

Get walking, I think it's what helped with my 2 pregnancies, stay on your feet!

It can happen without warning... I had no signs with dd, who was 8 days late. Went to bed at 11pm feeling no different and she was born at 5.37am the next morning :flower: feel no different this time either at 40 +6 and counting!

I don't know about everyone, but had zero signs until I was IN labor. My water didn't break, I didn't have practice contractions or false labor, I didn't lose my plug. When my labor started, I was 5 minutes apart, 9cm dilated (by the time we made it to the hospital roughly 30 min. later), and that was my experience. I, of course, had bh contractions randomly from the second trimester on, but that was it. It can happen out of nowhere. I know that is a bummer because then it is a mystery, but try to stay positive. It really can come out of thin air... mine definitely did! :)

My labour came on out of the blue, I was 40+13 and the contractions began around 5pm. I had no signs previous to that, none at all.

Good luck hope things get going for you soon x

You know, its very common to have no signs :)

Off your post you come across as not being relaxed as your trying a list of things it aint working. We need relax, happy & love hormone to help us go into labour.

I say forget about it, go have (as much as possible) fun days with your partner while your still a couple.

Really you dont want your waters breaking till nearer the end and having a bloody show isnt all that common :)

The title of this post gave me a good laugh because I said the exact same thing to my husband yesterday!

I am 40+3 and absolutely no signs of labour in sight. No cramping, loss of plug, BH's, etc. As much as I am perfectly fine and calm about baby coming when he is ready the talk of induction is enough to freak me out. I want baby to come on their own time...not on a doctors watch.

For now, I agree with pp, try to distract yourself with the fun things you can still do! My dh and I don't go out often as we have a two year old but I think I might arrange a baby sitter for tomorrow night and have a fun night out.

When I went into labor with my firstborn, one day before my due date, I had no signs whatsoever. No contractions, no feeling off nothing. I lay down and my waters broke. Then came the contractions. Sometimes it'll happen out of the blue, no signs, no warnings. But take heart, it will happen.

I hope it does surprise me! I went the whole pregnancy convinced he would be early because I felt the movements surprisingly early! So I thought maybe he was eager to get out haha!

I'm just so excitedddsd

I think the percentage of a women's water breaking is rather low... Not sure if thise are just U.S stats though.. :)

I think its about 10% here in the UK Layla - so not that common. That said my waters did go first with DS. I've felt regular bhs for the last few days. I'm hoping they start turning into something soon. The 'is this something' feeling is driving me nuts!

Oh I hear ya, while I am just over a week behind you, I was induced last time at 40 + 12.

I just don't feel its going to happen for me naturally again this time. And you can't help but feel a bit of a failure that your body cant do the one thing its basically designed for!

I got a sweep on due date last time and they could at least check my cervix to tell me if I was making any progress (was waking up with mild contractions every night for the last few weeks) but I have been told they dont offer that until 41 weeks now.

I did see the consultant yesterday as I have a mild anterior wall prolapse from last time (despite my muscles being good and strong according to consultant), and it has been giving me symptoms, I had hoped maybe they would agree to induction on my due date, but he says its there but its not that bad. I must admit to feeling a little deflated! he did say head is right there and right in the pelvis and he expects it wont be long but i heard it all last time!

however the longest ill be pregnant is 2 weeks and 6 days from now, so im working to that date for the sake of sanity! I also am moving house on Friday, so ideally I want baby to stay put at least until the weekend!

yes long rant - sorry, but i know how u feel, i went demented last time!

Sometimes labour can jump up and surprise you! I was 40+5 with no signs with my son. No braxton hicks, no feeling off or intuition about labour. Contractions started all of a sudden at 10pm and were 5 minutes apart.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. All day I was saying how fed up I was as It was DDAY and no signs. And for a good 6 hours I thought it was BH. 3 hours after that.. I had her in my arms! No warning or anything. Hadn't even packed my personal bag as I was that sure I'd end up being induced x

Having a sweep tomorrow.. So fingers crossed.

The only thing that's different is the last day or two (since due date) I've slowed down on my cleaning.. Almost being super lazy.. I did do a bit of cleaning today but it did need to be done. But usually I don't sit down all day!

Blah. All day tomorrow I'm going to do a few chores and keep active and bounce on my ball! Along with a sweep that should do the trick xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->