I wish my 8 month old daughter would STTN

yourstruly10

Reaction score
I am so incredibly tired of Ava waking at night. She slept through from 2-4 months and then stopped. Since then she has been up 2-3 times a night to eat. From 7 months till now she has been having 30 oz of formula a day(from 7am to 830 or 9 pm) and 3 meals plus snacks. Then she wake's twice to eat another 6 oz each time so all in all she is having 42oz a day, plus lots of food) I have tried not feeding her at night and she just screams bloody murder. It just seems like alot of food for a child who still wants more at night.

Thankfully when hubby can he gets up with her in the morning but cant wake himself at night and if I try to wake him he gets mad so nights are all mine and most mornings too.

Anyone else's baby like this?

I've heard about this happening to other people. My LO never STTN so I never really noticed the 4mnth sleep regression (yet...hopefully).

Have you tried offering a smaller bottle or offering water instead of milk, it is supposed to be habit thing rather than a need but if you offer water at least you know she's not crying cos she's thirsty.

I'm no help though as my LO still relies on booby to get to sleep!

Our LO STTN find until 6 months, then started waking between 2-3am for about 1.5 hrs in the night. We upped his food during the day and that seemed to finally sort it but then at 7 months started waking between 4-6am and it doesn't seem to be for any specific reason. He's not wildly hungary - he's just awake.

Now having just turned 8 months, its all over the place. He'll STTN one night, then wake up at 4:30am the next. Last night he was up for 2.5 hrs from 2:00am-4:30am - not hunary, not wet, not waking particularly unhappy at first either - just up :nope: We are at a loss. Everytime we think we've cracked it....we haven't.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help but wanted to let you know your not alone.

That does seem like a lot of formula hun - are you sure its not habit? Have you tried giving her some water instead? I would talk to your Dr if shes still up twice for that much milk.

:hugs:

Sounds a little like Clara. She sttn from 5 weeks until 5 months (except for growth spurts/having a cold) and then suddenly she was up anywhere from 1-3 times to nurse every night. Except for the odd night, she did this from 5 months until 9 months when she just as suddenly went back to sttn. Hopefully Ava does this for you too.

Sounds a little like Clara. She sttn from 5 weeks until 5 months (except for growth spurts/having a cold) and then suddenly she was up anywhere from 1-3 times to nurse every night. Except for the odd night, she did this from 5 months until 9 months when she just as suddenly went back to sttn. Hopefully Ava does this for you too.

Oh thank you. This gives me so much hope!

Murphy98- I have tried just water but she will not take it at night and just screams at me until I feed her. If I give her less then 6 oz I get screamed at too.

You could try just waiting 5 mins every night. That way pushin her feedings later and later. How do you feed her solids? Purees or does she feed herself? They take a lot of food. Maybe try upping her solids that could help.

Indie never STTN ever.... Until we moved house last week. She has since slept through....! Strange as we were expecting her to wake more, new room and that. Hope it lasts!!!! Maybe you should move house haha, it is hell though! X

YES!! Kayson slept through from 6weeks old until 16weeks old.....he is now 11months and we have had 5days of undisturbed sleep!!
WE now give him a large lunch and a small dinner...seemed to have worked well, AND no bananas after 4pm =) xxx

Indie never STTN ever.... Until we moved house last week. She has since slept through....! Strange as we were expecting her to wake more, new room and that. Hope it lasts!!!! Maybe you should move house haha, it is hell though! X

Funny you say that we actually are moving house in 2 weeks. Time for a bigger place.

Funny you say that we actually are moving house in 2 weeks. Time for a bigger place.

Hahaha, thats brilliant! Hope it works as well for you as it did for us :)

If it works let us know, and I'll move too! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->