I wish we could all be friends in real life.

angiepie

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that.

I have 3 friends. My 'best friend' is busy with her son and education, plus I'm not HER best friend- she's got another best friend. That makes me feel so rejected. :( I have 2 others and one of them is always super busy and the other just moved to London. :(

No one understands me anyway. I have no one to talk to about WTT/TTC or anything personal and girly. However, whenever I'm down (or happy) I can come on here and share with the most supportive and friendly people ever.

I wish we could all meet in real life. I just think I could find my best friend through BnB but of course we're all stuck in the computer. The support is great... I just wish we could all go to the movies or have lunch and actually be physically present with each other.

Anyway, rambling, pointless post: I have no friends but I love BnB and wish you could all be my IRL friends. :cry:

I know what you mean, my best "real" friends, 2 live very far away and we only speak every few months, my best local friends dint consider me to be best friends, one is single and really wants a baby so I'd be diving it in her face if I talked about wtt with her and the other has some issues that Nan het and her husband can't have kids at the moment, I don't know how she feels about that but we don't talk much without the husbands present. Here it's much easier to say how you feel.

I know what you mean too, I have friends from school still but we only see each other once every few months. I've been on BnB since 2011 and have made one friend but to be fair I don't post that much really. I joined just before my lb was born and so hoping now to spend time on the ttc forum and be able to share that with others

I agree it would be great if we could all meet xx

I no what u mean! I have 3 best friends, one has had a baby and is single and the other 2 are single, I feel like if I mentioned wanting kids to them they would laugh at me and say I'm silly, but I think they no that I want kids. But I don't feel like I can talk to them about it. If that makes sence?
u can always give me a little message if u want someone to talk too! :)

I have no friends tbh I just have a few people I talk to know n again like every 3-6 months ...it's just me n OH tbh I can't be dealing with females IRL

I mean I do come on here like everyday , in a way it's good to talk to other females, and I do like to shop with a girl have a coffee now and again but that soon wares if when they are trying to involve me in their drama , lying to me ...being bitches n jealous ...trying to out do me ...I CBa with that

I've come across a few bitchy women at playgroups, and I thought that's where I'd be making all my new friends lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

That's the other thing. Even if I do meet people, we have nothing in common. Being a nanny and doula, my interests are so left field. Every other girl I know just cares about shallow things like nail polish and magazines and drinking. To me that's so boring. We then have nothing to discuss. :shrug:

Hey, I get what you mean. I have a pretty close group of girlfriends from High school but we completely took off in different directions when it came to University. One girl stayed in our home town, one went South, One went a little North, and I went way North. It is nice that when we do meet up with each other it's like we pick back up where we started. Sometimes since I am the furthest away it feels like they hang out a lot more just them and that makes me sad missing out. I haven't really been able to hold onto a true friend where I live now, and I've been here 5 years! lol. My life is pretty much being at home alone or with DH and going to work. Which I don't really mind. I hate having to "entertain" people and I always feel if I am out with a friend we have to be doing something fun. I'm very introverted and after a long day at work I rather have some "me" time.

I have thought this same thing so many times!!! I'm a total people person and I love meeting new people, but there is just something so incredibly bonding about talking with women who are on the cusp of motherhood :D Only we know what each other is feeling and going through! My friends that don't have kids yet just don't get it, and my friends with kids already don't get the whole "waiting" thing, so it is so refreshing to have you all to talk to! Plus, I just love so many of your personalities! :flower:

wow - I almost started a post like this yesterday. I feel the same way. I don't really have a lot of real life friends. Mostly because I decided to leave my "group" of friends 3 years ago because I was tired of all the drama and backstabbing/gossip that always happened.

So, I rely on my OH a lot. He has a lot of friends, but I only have a few of my own. My best friend also has another best friend, and her and I are not really that close anymore. I don't really find myself wanting to spend too much time with her anymore. We are just at different stages in our lives and I can't really talk to her about TTC. She always wants to whine about something or other, its like nothing good ever happens to her, even though she is doing pretty good in life. I just can't handle the "pay attention to meeeee" kind of attitude anymore. My other friend, who I've known since kindergarten, we only really see each other/talk every few months. We are both just so busy, plus she's in nursing school. I miss her though :(

My other 2 friends (a married couple) live a little ways away, have a 2 year old and are pregnant again right now. So they are always busy. I see them every couple months or so.

I'm lucky that I have my family close by and we are close and often do things together. I get sad sometimes, but I really love spending time with my family and my OH. So I try and plan activities for us to do every weekend so that I am guaranteed to get out of the house.

Anyway - long winded answer there :) Guess I needed to vent too!

It's interesting - we all have this particular thing in common, so we have something to bond over, but we're all different ages and from different backgrounds and have so many other aspects to ourselves - I wonder how we would gel in real life. :haha:

That being said, when I got married a few months ago, two of my bridesmaids were girls I met on a wedding forum when I had been thinking about marriage many years earlier with a previous boyfriend! And neither of them lived anywhere near me, but we have flown around the world to visit each other - they flew from New Zealand and Australia respectively to the USA to be in the bridal party. So if you bond with someone here, and chat to them, start emailing, etc, there's nothing stopping you from having your best friend be someone from here!

That being said, when I got married a few months ago, two of my bridesmaids were girls I met on a wedding forum when I had been thinking about marriage many years earlier with a previous boyfriend! And neither of them lived anywhere near me, but we have flown around the world to visit each other - they flew from New Zealand and Australia respectively to the USA to be in the bridal party. So if you bond with someone here, and chat to them, start emailing, etc, there's nothing stopping you from having your best friend be someone from here!

That's an amazing story!

I've met people off the internet before and have become friends that I actually see in person. However, this was years ago and we've now lost contact. :(

It's a shame there's not more Sydneysiders on this forum, because I'd love to meet up with them. There is an Australian baby forum, but they're not really as nice (or active) as people on BnB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->