I wonder if this baby knows it needs me to stay ALIVE!

LavaPanda

Reaction score
Oh. My. Days. What on earth is this little nugget playing at?!

I have now been on 2 drips for dehydration because of constant vomiting. I am so sick of being sick. I am so scared to leave the house in case of spontaneous hurling in the frozen section of the supermarket haha! I threw up in my own lap while driving- now that was attractive.
I am so freaking hungry, yet hate every food that is placed in front of me (I sound like my three year old!)

However, when I do eat it doesn't stay down.

And I'm not even going to mention the bathroom fiasco at 3am this morning after taking a senokot for being bunged up! Lets just say the 'Ring of Fire' is today's theme tune haha

For my birthday yesterday, I cancelled my party and I stayed in bed. All day- It. Was. Bliss.

My first pregnancy was amazing. I was a gorgeous floaty angel with fantastic skin and energy levels!
This pregnancy, I have turned into some crazy, spot covered, cranky puke demon! They really weren't lying when they said no two pregnancies are the same.

Hoping all is well on the early scan in a week. Hoping to see that heart beat and remember why I'm putting myself through this haha

Hope you ladies are holding up!

Ha ha ha! I'm so sorry to laugh. I feel your pain. Ugh. My first pregnancy was so terrible. I'm on my fifth pregnancy now, and everyone I know STILL talks about my first pregnancy and what a crazy demon I was. And yes, the food aversions are terrrrrrrrible. I would only eat french fries (or crisps - so healthy), and half of the time, I'd cry that they tasted like fish, and I'd go on an angry rampage because I was so hungry and frustrated with it all. I'd opened my car window in the middle of traffic to throw up - oh people loved that one.

Ohhh, I'm so glad that one's over with. That being said, one day, at around 11 weeks along, everything went back to "almost" normal... The nausea disappeared... the food aversions went away.... I started having having manageable symptoms like cravings for weird things like a bowl of chili topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge. The anger didn't go away until about 5 months postpartum, though... and I had terrible postpartum depression... so definitely watch out for that, okay? Take care of yourself. I've never experienced anything like that again in my life! All of my pregnancies with my sons (I have 3 sons) had me feeling angry, but it was never like that again. I wouldn't wish that pregnancy on anybody.

I hope for your sake that one day soon, everything goes back to "almost" normal for you, too. Man. I'm just imagining what you're going through... Remembering back to what I went through... I feel terrible for you. One thing that helped me a LOT during that pregnancy was epsom salt baths. Magnesium is best absorbed through the skin, and it helps a ton with nausea. :)

Haha I'm so sorry, but I know your pain! With dd I was sick constantly until my Dr gave me a prescription for Diclegis. That stuff is amazing! It didn't stop me from getting sick all together, but helped tremendously! Hope you get some relief soon

Thanks ladies!

You've made me feel less like I should be sectioned haha.
My poor fiance comes home from work and sneaks through the door with a dustbin lid and a mop with ginger biscuits attached to the end as if he's taken up lion taming! I think he was looking forward to me being my 'usual' pregnant self as I floated around like some pixie with sparkles that followed wherever she went.

Now. I sit on the sofa in boxers because trousers hurt my belly, with no makeup as it bugs my skin; eating oreo middles because they're nice to puke up, and cry because I haven't pooped in three days (Although that VERY much changed today aha!)
Crazy stuff. Maybe this time it's a boy then xdxxtx because that sounds very familiar :D

I am just so thankful work gave me this week off because that could have been disasterous haha!

Oh gosh poor you! I feel your pain though! I lay in my bed from 4pm yesterday just crying it's so bad. I spend most days in bed trying not to throw up as once I start I find it hard to stop! It stopped at 16 weeks in my last pregnancy so I'm hoping for the same this time!

Sarah xxx

I had hyperemesis gravidarum with my son and although it hasn't been so bad this time and I've only been to hospital once so far and it's eased off quite a bit to just feeling sick most of the day.

My last pregnancy I went into hospital for fluids 5 times by 18 weeks and threw up most places in our small town including the cinema, birth centre during my first appointment, many times at the doctors toilets waiting to see a doctor and in my husbands car but I did try and take a sick bowl whenever I went in the car so it wasn't as bad as all over myself!

Are you on medication? I'm on 6 tablets a day atm but think I might be coming off them soon as I said it's a lot better than it was.

I agree with the scan and scan photos helping you remember that it's all worth it and don't worry about the baby as it will just take everything he/she needs from you leaving you feeling like poop!

The only thing that helped me was medication so if your not taking anything I definitely suggest it.

I hope you feel better soon xxx

Hi,

It's hard core being pregnant isn't it!! My first pregnancy was lovely, I barely felt sick and I glowed as they say. I now feel horrendous...there's not a second of the day that I don't feel sick. On top of that I'm now massive!!

Oh did I mention it's twins...not to worry you!

Bx

I'm sorry to laugh but honestly I've never seen anyone put "morning" sickness this way before. Those that have been through this 24/7 debilitating HG can completely relate to what you're saying would find it amusingly sad... I being one of those people. My pregnancy with my DS was HELL. Constant retching, feeling like I'm going to retch, couldn't even stand or I'd retch, couldn't go out in public for fear of retching and sometimes retching up nothing at all just because he enjoyed making mommy miserable. They do say that boys are harder and, for me at least, it seemed to start in the womb :wacko:

Try magnesium!! It helps and keeps you pooping daily!! *hugs*. And remember to sip that water even when you don't want to. Dehydration can make the nausea worse. I had down for the count for 4 months with my daughter. I haven't had a beautiful sparkly pregnancy yet but hey maybe next time!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->