I work this this guy.... (A rant)

J

jenmc226

He's a nice enough guy. Intelligent and professional.

But he annoys the hell out of me! I pretty much find him to be the MOST annoying person in the world.

I'm not the only one that finds him annoying, but I don't think anyone else is as affected by him as I am. I don't know what my problem is. I just cannot stand this guy.

Everytime he talks to me I want to punch him.

Things that bother me...

He IMs me to tell me that he emailed me. And I'm not talking 30min later to see if I got the email. I get his IM before my inbox downloads the friggin email.

He walks over to my desk to talk to me. Minor infraction right? Why does it drive me nuts?! We work in a communal room with 8 people. He sits 10ft away and we can see each other. Noise isn't any sort of concern - half the people are tech support and are on the phone all the time, and there's a constant flow of professional and personal chatting. The problem with him coming over to my desk is that i'm insanely busy and I have to drop what I'm doing to deal with the doofus as he stands there staring at me.
With EVERYONE else it's a simple "Hey Jen can you help me with this when you get a sec" either IM'd or voiced. But nope he just wanders over uninvited.

And he comes behind my desk! Our desks are arranged so that we all have privacy. I very much need privacy since I manage 9 other remote individuals and am frequently dealing with disciplinary actions, vacation, salary, etc - personal and confidential information!
Again, EVERYONE else waits next to my desk until I invite them to step behind and look at my computer screen as needed. He just wanders over!

In the kitchen he stands at the counter directly in front of the fridge making his lunch. So NO ONE ELSE CAN GET IN THE REFRIGERATOR. Or you have to brush up against him to get at your food. Move the fuck away. There's plenty of other counterspace and a table 2ft away.
And it's none of your business what I'm having for lunch! Why are you sniffing my food and asking me what I'm having?

He's a pig! People bring in dishes/snacks/etc to share every now and again. There are 20 people in this office why the hell is he taking 1/3rd of what's there?! He's actually taken the bag of communal chips from the kitchen and sat at his desk munching on them (hand in bag). Then put what was left back in the kitchen later. Seriously?!?! There's a reason there was a stack of plates next to the bag on the table.

Health insurance premiums went up 2wks after he was eligible. He bitched and moaned louder than the rest of us who have been here 4yrs. You're lucky you have a job that pays health benefits. Shut your mouth!

$2?!?! $2 whole fucking dollars! We had a communal luncheon where several individuals volunteered to bring in dishes. It was a sandwich bar - build your own sub. Day 2 was leftovers and we ran out of lunch meat. He thought he was the nicest guy in the world by "donating" his lunch meat he had personally brought for himself to the communal table. He took $2 out of the pizza jar to reimburse himself. Seriously?! He has no problem stuffing his face what other people bring but won't contribute anything and when he finally does "contribute" he needs to get paid back for it.

Don't get me started on the annoying nasally voice and the heehaw laugh that he has.

5:05pm. I hear "Wow, I lost track of time!" as he shuts his computer and runs out the door. He thinks he's a hero for working 5 "extra" minutes. I'm here until 5:30 frequently. And I take my computer home and work in the evening. I put in 45hr+ weeks regularly. I can't imagine the extra strain it puts on him when he hits 40hrs and 5min at the end of the week.

Ahhh. I feel a little better. Thanks for listening. Sorry about the cursing. I don't generally swear but this has been bottled up for a while.

Sounds like you really needed to let that one out! It's good to have a rant now and then. Maybe he does annoy other people and they go home and talk about him too. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->