I worked about 90 hours this month - why was I only paid for 42?

KamKol

Mother of one
Reaction score
I started working part time flexible at Carphone Warehouse. I've been working part time there for over 3 weeks now and roughly I have worked 90 hours already. I have just checked my payslip and I've only been paid for 42.25 hours....significantly lower than expected. Where did all those other hours go? Have I been working for free? I've been clocking in and out of the machine like I'm supposed to so I cant understand why I've been paid for only 42 hours!!!

Do they have a cut off date so maybe some of the hours you will have worked are actually classed as nxt mnth so will be paid on your nxt payslip. I have worked for argos before and they worked like that. I think.their cut off was like 17th of the mnth.

Give hr a call and check with them

Xx

Yeah like the PP says it's probably down to the cut off, my cut off is the 10th, I started full time work on the 10th of the month so wasn't actually paid anything until the payday of the following month so 6 weeks later due to this. Make sure you keep an account of all the hours worked, find out the cut off date and keep an eye on it all.

Thank you both for your replies....I've e mailed hr but they'll reply on Monday. I've asked a colleague about this and she also said it could be the cut off date so I'll have to check up to what date I worked 42 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->