IB & pregnant right after going off BCP?

izziecoco

Reaction score
Hi ladies, hope you're well.
Just looking for some thoughts on what I'm experiencing right now. Buckle up 'cus it's a long story! Lol
I went off the pill around 14th of August because of anxiety side effects and my period came right on time on the 19th Aug (CD27), full AF all normal. Have been very irregular in the past but regular since taking BC.
We weren't trying to get pregnant but we thought we'd just see what happens. We BD on the 28th (CD10) and 3 days later had some light bleeding (thought just my hormones adjusting after going off BC or maybe bleeding from BD). BD again on the 1st Aug (CD14) and bleeding stopped the day after. That bleed was nothing like AF, colour or quantity.
I don't normally track my ovulation as previous visit to OBGyn said that both my ovaries were filled with small follicles and were having trouble ovulating. That's the reason he put me on BC. He said wait from 4-6 months on BC and then go back so he could give me pills to force ovulation.
Anyway, I have my appointment for next week but on the 11th of September (CD24) I started bleeding again, 3 days before my period starts. What's interesting is that it's scanty, light red and sometimes a bit darker but totally different from AF. No clots or any tissue and quite watery. Oh, and nothing goes to the pad or panty liner, it's only and exclusively when I wipe.
Been testing since CD23 with One Step cheapies and BFN.
I've read of some women experiencing IB that it's bright red and it lasts a few days. I'm currently on day 4 of bleeding, have also been cramping but nothing like AF, also my boobs are swollen and sometimes I feel some stings of pain but not constantly. I feel the middle bit of my lower tummy is tight, and I've also been experiencing tiredness and mild headaches. This doesn't feel anything like my normal PMS and since the bleeding is not changing colour and it's still only when I wipe I don't know what to think.
Has anyone experienced something similar? I'm thinking maybe the pill made me O early if I did O at all? I've also read of people getting pregnant right after they stopped BC. I'd love someone's opinion on this. Thanks a bunch x :kiss:

HI!!!
Me&SO decided to enter the “not trying-not avoiding it” limbo. So the first days of September I finished the blister, got my fake period and happily waited for my body to catch up with my own hormones.
However, just after a week I started to feel extremely weird… I had suspended the pill before, and NEVER got any rebound effect. I kept dismissing the doubt we could have conceived already but the symptoms kept piling up!
Little cramps, a permanent head cold (despite the good weather), shortness of breath, yucky (mucus+brown blood) discharge for a day, a perpetual sensation of a “full” stomach (I feel hungry and as soon as I have the food in front of me I can0t bring myself to eat more than few bites), bloating, spectacularly sore nipples (I swear they also got bigger) and most of all the feeling of “tiredness” and “stretchiness” the muscles in my groin and in my abdomen (it feels like I did a hours of exercise, which for sure I didn’t).
I have NEVER been paranoid about my health, but I never felt so weird in my entire life! And it doesn’t go away, one symptom goes away and another rises!
I guess I'll do the test on the 5th of October, when my period should be due... but in the meanwhile I am quietly freaking out...

Hiya, I have been off of BC for 3 months now and every cycle I have had the a little bleed. The same as you, it's only when I wipe. I think this is normal and it's your hormones just resettling into their normal pattern.

My cycles have been different lengths also. My first 'real' cycle was 28 days with a 4 day period and my second was 25 days with a 3 day period. I wonder what this one will be?!

I've also been having PG symptoms here there and everywhere. All I can really say is wait until AF is due and see what happens.

Well, some women do get pregnant in the month after getting off hbc, but generally that's women who weren't very influenced by the hbc chemicals. As you had the withdrawal bleeding after getting off(Not a period) and have had more spotting and bleeding sense, it sounds like your body is just adjusting to normal hormones again. It cn take several months for your body to get back in balance again. It's possible you're pregnant but pretty rare so soon after hbc. (I would estimate less than 1% mostly due to the withdrawal bleeding not usually being true period, not shedding uterine lining and therefore having a poor lining to support pregnancy until you have a true period. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->