iCandy peach vs Baby jogger city select

nikki-lou25

Reaction score
I'm having a pram crisis :wacko: I dont know which to buy. My DD will be 20 months when I have a newborn...and I have been recommended these 2 prams. I prefer the LOOK of iCandy, but City Select seems 'roomier'

https://www.jussy.plus.com/CS&P/CSP.html

What dya think?? Any views?

Wow never seen the baby jogger before! I think from both them reviews, the baby jogger would deff win my vote :thumbup:

Hubby agrees with you, but I use public transport a lot and think iCandy is more compact for that reason (not to mention prettier)

I'd order in black, city select isn't out until sometime in June. Decisions Decisions...

Ooo i have a city jogger twin (side by side) not seen this pram before though! I havent had any probs with my pram so id go for the baby jogger :) Both are lovely though!

What are the weights of them? I was going to get a icandy twin but this city jogger came up lighter so i went with that as i walk lots so its ideal for me.

Baby jogger
https://www.babyjogger.com/PDFs/Product_Specs.pdf
34lbs as a double = 15.4kg

iCandy
https://www.icandyuk.com/products_detail.php?id=peach_blossom
with 2 seats = 14.8kg

Not a whole lot of difference tbh?

My Icandy pear is horrendous on the bus....WHY do they put a huge bar in the middle of the bus? Lol....I always have to do a 3 point turn type thing to get it into the gap, then again to get out again...but then again i'm rubbish with public transport, thankfully I can drive and only get the bus when i'm going into the city centre!

x

See, I have a problem with my single pram on buses...I dont drive - so compact is the key for me. Just trying to weigh up pro's and cons! The number of times I've been told by people to fold my pram up...which I refuse to do with shopping under the pram etc. I hate First buses, that stupid bar in the pram bit makes it SO awkward...and God help you if another pram gets on!

Oh I know, I was on the bus a few weeks ago and the driver told me to fold my pram up...err hello, its in like 3 different bits & I have a toddler and a baby!! I just laughed at him and waited for the next bus...
The next bus I got on, the driver let another lady on with a buggy and she had to stand in the middle of the isle, no one could get past...it was ridiculous!

x

People give you the dirtiest looks on buses. Old ladies often tell me how they had to fold their prams down. I lost it with a lady a few months ago for shoving my DDs pram because it slightly stuck out into the aisle. Apparantly I should've taken her out of the pram, handed her to a stranger while I took all my shopping out and folded the pram down! Er........I think NOT!

This is why getting the right pram is vital!

Its a joke isn't it!

On 2nd thoughts, if you are travelling by buses, I think that the City jogger could be a problem because of the length? It looks pretty long to begin with, then on top of that you put the carrycot on and its like a mini bus itself :haha:

Would you consider the Phil & Teds? My friend has one of them and they are quite small, yet the toddler seat is huge, especially the latest one...Phil & Teds Vibe.
Sorry i'm not making things easier for you am I? Adding more spanners to the works lol!!

There are just wayy too many pushchairs on the market, its hard to make the right decision! Ah well, your only 12 weeks...a good few months to decide!

x x

The lady in the baby shop in Bury I'm going to said something about a new Phil and Teds....so she's thrown a spanner in the works already LOL!

ooooo now im thinking about the baby jogger, it actually seems better than the peach :doh:

Sorry :blush: I am having the same dilemma atm hun! City select seems to do so much more, I just need to see the size of it"

yeh i think i need to see it too , did you say its out in june?

i tried my lo in the peach seat & there wasnt much room there, it looks like the baby jogger hood goes up so may be lot more room

my sis in law has phill & teds, i wouldnt recommend it , if my neice (the older one) jumps out quickly the pram can tip , they have to put something heavy on one side to stop it tipping if the lo is still asleep.

also they are so low down and close to the ground

this is just what i have heard about it, hope it helps hun :)

Yeh its out in June sometime. A select few people have them already though.

The shop I'm going to look at iCandy is waiting for baby jogger city select to come in for display...as soon as its in I'm goin to be there with bells on to compare the 2 side by side.

hmm im not sure which shops will have the baby jogger here, but im starting to like it even more, i just hope its not "too big"

well, if you look at the comparision its not much bigger...but I rely on public transport so a few inches here and there might make all the difference. It just looks WAY more practical than iCandy. Decisions we have to make eh?

i think ive already made my mind up now lol ive not even seen it yet.

i do like the peach but just a little worried lo wont fit in it , shes 22lbs now and there wasnt much room, id like to be able to use it until she is 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdeMgSm-xe0&feature=related

i found this review on you tube :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"